Talk to me about PPID/Cushing's...

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by DocsLglyBlonde, Jun 11, 2018.

1. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

Her coat is definitely improving, possibly a combo of the Prascend and new Horsetech supplement. I gave her a good grooming and got lots of fur off of her. She's felt great riding, and is looking shiny, darker, and dapples are coming through again :cheerleader:

Her edema is gone, she is still pretty heat intolerant but not terrible, and her attitude has been really fantastic. I plan on having her levels retested early September to see where we're at. I also broke down and bought Stud Muffin Slims, and she gets one with her pill stuffed inside each morning, and it's easy for me and a guarantee that she'll get her pill, so has been worth it :) Screenshot_2018-07-21-15-10-02-1.png IMG_20180722_201622_107.jpg

2. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Great. Yep, the darker Foxy gets the better he feels too.

Alsosusieq2 and DocsLglyBlonde like this.
  3. trailridinn

trailridinn Full Member

My 24 year old gelding has had Cushings for 7 years now. He gets a half a mg of Prascend per day and is doing great. I put his half a pill in a piece of an apple or carrot and he never knows it's there. My gelding was on the compounded Pergolide before Prascend came out and has done better with less of a dose on the Prascend.

GotaDunQH and Alsosusieq2 like this.