Tail cords on Blankets

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by diamondwillow, Jul 19, 2008.

1. diamondwillow

diamondwillow Registered

Hi,
    I am brand new here and I have a question that has baffled me for a while and I think this is the PERFECT place to ask!
    I was away from horses for quite a while and recently got back 'into' them. I bought some blankets for my new horses and they all have tail cords (NEVER had those when I worked with them years ago)... HOW does one use the tail cord? I just tie it to itself or remove it completely since it gets covered in manure and is ugly. Do you actually TIE it to the tail? IF so, How? Anyway - I would be VERY grateful for some assistance!! I tried a few google searches and I haven't be successful in finding information on how to use it.

2. Dawn

Dawn Senior Member+

Usually tail cords are just on day sheets. And/or sheets without leg straps.

It just goes under the tail and attaches back to the blanket.

3. diamondwillow

diamondwillow Registered

WOW, Ok thanks! - They came on my winter polyfil blankets, summer sheets, coolers, fly sheets etc... but if I remember none on the turn out shell... (I would have to check that one) they all have (except coolers) leg straps, and tail guards... interesting!! So I suppose by tying it back to itself I was doing the right thing. any special knot or bow I should use?

4. Dawn

Dawn Senior Member+

If they have leg straps, I usually just take them off.

5. Faith04

Faith04 Senior Member+

Ahhhhh the pointless poo cord!! They are reletively useless, and like above, if the rug has legs straps they are of no use and I cut the off!

6. Fancy's Joe

Fancy's Joe Senior Member+

I just pull them off XD

7. diamondwillow

diamondwillow Registered

Thanks to all! :) now I don't feel so naughty that I pulled them off most of my blankets :) They were so messy...