Tack Room Storage Ideas......post yours....

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Coocoo4CoCo, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Coocoo4CoCo

Coocoo4CoCo Full Member

I share a small concrete walled tack room with another person and dont have alot of room for my stuff:( I need some creative ways to hang stuff on concrete without causing alot of holes. There is a metal corragated roof on top with metal beams so am able to hang stuff from there.

Right now all my stuff if in tubs on the floor or hanging off my one saddle stand:help!:

Another thing....it gets really dusty in there so EVERYTHING has to be kept covered at all times.

2. Coocoo4CoCo

Coocoo4CoCo Full Member

Ok just saw a cool little trick. Someone put wide pieces of velcro on the wall and hung all of the horse boots on them. Easy to see them and organize them.

1 person likes this.
  3. My Bida Booger

My Bida Booger Senior Member+

1 person likes this.
  4. juniormylove

juniormylove Senior Member+

In our tackroom, we just have lockers. Generally two people share a locker, since there's a lot of space. We have like 7-8 lockers in the tackroom and then 6 or so more at the back end of the aisle. Saddle pads, coolers and the like go in bins that sit on top. It keeps everything pretty tidy, plus there are locks so valuables (bridles, boots, etc...) can be secured.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Tack Collector

Tack Collector Senior Member+

Replace existing saddle rack with a tall one, put the saddle on one tier, and hang other stuff on other tiers, with box(s) on the floor inside or to the side of the "feet" of the rack?
    http://www.chicksaddlery.com/page/CDS/PROD/318 Throw a king bed flat sheet, or two stitched together, over that whole rack as a tent-type dust cover?

added 1/25/11 : I have a collection of weird old saddle pads, so I use them as padding on this rack, to protect the saddle panels. Other people have used 1/2 of a circular "Sono Tube" concrete form, like for pouring concrete columns, or 5-gallon buckets whole or sawed in half.
    [​IMG]

eta: I like the locker idea, too.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Coocoo4CoCo

Coocoo4CoCo Full Member

7. anheiraboutme

anheiraboutme Senior Member+

There was a thread not too long ago asking about tack room ideas and I posted lots of pictures! :)

Here's the link to the thread:
    http://myhorseforum.com/threads/448540/

I agree with Tack Collector. You definitely want to make use out of vertical space. Those tiered saddle racks are AWESOME. I couldn't live without mine. I also couldn't live without shelves and totes!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  8. Tack Collector

Tack Collector Senior Member+

I like your tack room, Heir.

9. PrettyOvrFences

PrettyOvrFences Senior Member+

I use multi-sized plastic storage drawers for quite a few things such as blankets/coolers, baby pads, wraps & boots, shampoos, brushes, clippers, topicals, etc. They're super easy to put together (generally come already together), simple to dismantle and clean/wipe out if anything spills or hair builds up. In my blanket drawers, I had multiple holes drilled so if a blanket or cooler was slightly damp, air was able to get to it and not mold/mildew.

Examples:
    http://www.target.com/p/Sterilite-2...Set-of-2/-/A-10066880#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton

http://www.target.com/p/Sterilite-Wide-3-Drawer-Cart-White/-/A-10497007#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton

10. rachelmolly1

rachelmolly1 Senior Member

Heir!!! I'm jealous of your tack rooom! It's BEAUTIFUL! Hahah