Sweet, kid/beginner safe, aged spotted saddle horse gaited mare - may trade

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by LeadandFeed, Oct 18, 2011.

1. LeadandFeed

LeadandFeed Senior Member

Just bought this horse. Her owners told me she was 12 year old non reg SSH mare. The latter part is true. After having my vet look her over upon bringing her home and updating her vaccines, etc. he determined her age to be 20 or so. I bought this horse to be my "beginner safe trail horse" which she is but I would only prefer her to go to a home with a light adult rider or child with adult supervision. She would also make a good pasture pal for other horses. I am a heavier person and would not be fair for me to ride her. She has current coggins and all vaccines updated. Sweet girl. Sad situation that the owners lied. Live and learn. I would trade her for a younger safe trail horse or maybe even a really sweet yearling, 2 or 3 year old quarter horse or paint. Video avaliable and more pictures. Im open to offers for her and trades. Located in Bristol, VA. Can help arrange hauling.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015

2. tonipony

tonipony Senior Member

She is a very cute mare, it is sad when people are not truthful, it happens all the time. Good Luck, she should be a nice mare for someone.

3. LeadandFeed

Thanks....:eek:

4. LeadandFeed

bump......

5. LeadandFeed

bump........

6. joce

joce Senior Member+

If you rode her ok thinking she was twelve why not ride her a couple years? We have a twenty one or two year old mare that is going strong with my very large bf riding her. She may be on the younger side of twenty.

Hope she finds a good home if you do decide to sell but don't just let age rule her out if everything but teeth pointed to twelve.

I think she is awfully cute:)

7. EQImage

EQImage Senior Member+

She's super duper cute! Ugh my son would love her. But I have to move one before I can get one, and the one I have that's available/going to be available has to wait until the end of next month for his recheck to be cleared to return to trail riding.

Will deff. keep eyes and ears out for anyone she may suit, though.

8. Chow

Chow Senior Member+

My horse is 21 and still going strong! If she is in good physical condition and safe....why not ride her a few years and enjoy her?

1 person likes this.
  9. LeadandFeed

Vet said just to be easier on her someone of my weight shouldnt ride her - she needs 200lb or less.

10. MiakodaAPBT

MiakodaAPBT Senior Member+

She's gorgeous! I'm going to send this to a few friend's I know that are looking for a horse like this.