SURE FOOT .....thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by meljean, Jun 27, 2018.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I would pull your horse's shoes for two weeks. Voila', same effect with no cost at all.

2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

No I’m sorry, it’s not the same result at all. Watch some of the videos. Removing shoes does not cause the same effects, not even close.

3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Bet it does. Pull the shoes and let the horse be a horse. They knew how to walk BEFORE you shod them, no need to TEACH them.

4. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Off to do some more research on the Surefoot pads, I thought you had to buy the bundle, so I was thinking $25 USD was a relatively small price for a trial.

I assume you were directing that at me; this particular horse has never had shoes. She's been a horse as much as I've been able to let her, including pasture and a herd. None of my horses are ever stalled unless away from home.

5. Rhythm 'n Blues

Then explain how barefoot horses have improvements on the pads?? All mine are barefoot.

@barrel_racer64 your link came up as $90cdn for me.......but no you don’t have to buy bundles/packages of pads

6. barrel_racer64

@Rhythm 'n Blues that makes sense, it comes up $25 usd with free shipping for me. The cheapest sure foot pad I saw were the pods.

7. Rhythm 'n Blues

^ the exchange isn't that terrible!!

Pods are the cheapest, but they aren't for the beginners at all.

8. barrel_racer64

^^I bet its the difference in countries plus exchange. They are on sale or something for me. Yeah, I wasn't planning to buy the pods since you said they were for advanced horses earlier, I was just saying they were the cheapest I saw.

9. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

@Rhythm 'n Blues introduced Vesper and I to these last year (or so?) when she came out to my area and gave us a lesson. I was 1000000% skeptical, but she asked me to trust her even if it seemed "weird" and I'm basically game to try anything up until witchcraft LOL ;)

I was astounded at the response from my mare using these. Erica used them while I was mounted and I could feel Vesper swaying beneath me like she was going to fall over - I think she dozed off at one point? After moving off of them, her hitchier left hind was swinging through much more and she was moving with a lot more straightness.

I don't understand the science behind it, but I saw the result and so I bought a pair of the wedge ones at Erica's recommendation. Unfortunately I have barely used them (Vesper wasn't particularly interested in using them when I tried to introduce them) so they have sat gathering dust for a while. I did eye them up the other week though and thought I should bring them out again for a try!

froglander and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.
  10. barrel_racer64

@Winchester your experience pushed me over the edge, lol.
    I know its not the Sure Foot brand, but I ordered that pad I found on Amazon. I'm excited to try it out on Hope when it gets here next week. Its big enough I can probably cut it in half and have 2 pads roughly the same size as the SF ones, or she may be able to put 2 feet on it.

Winchester and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.