SURE FOOT .....thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by meljean, Jun 27, 2018.

1. meljean

meljean Senior Member

SURE FOOT | The Murdoch Method

"Her fascination with the mind/body connection between horse and rider has led her to explore courses outside the equine world and bring that information to her students. Her willingness to embrace new ideas led Wendy to develop the SURE FOOT Equine Stability Program, which allows horses to reprogram their own brain in order to feel more grounded, secure and confident in order to become a more willing partner. This innovative Program is an extension of all that Wendy believes; we each have within us our own teacher that recognizes what is best for our own well-being. We simply need the options and opportunity to discover what we innately recognize and know."

I'm sorry, this just sounds like too much sugar for a dime to me.

manesntails and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Lord have mercy that's expensive. Looks like she was out researching how to make a buck.

meljean and manesntails like this.
  3. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

This is very effective. @Rhythm 'n Blues has used them successfully.
    As s yoga teacher, I have addressed human posture by starting with foot alignment for at least 12 years.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  4. slc

slc Senior Member

oh.my.god. I have GOT to go to one of those clinics! Dang they're all so far away!

5. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Sounds gimmicky like in order to get people to her clinics, she needs a hook.
    The pads look interestng, though, but I'm sure the same effect could be accomplished much more cheaply.

meljean likes this.
  6. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Can you or @Rhythm 'n Blues expound on the application and thought behind how the pads/pods work? I've always been intrigued by alternative therapies like this.

7. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

They work. It’s not a gimmic. You get the same type of releases and benefits as cranial sacral work, Bowen therapy, etc.

I have seen the pads work absolute wonders. I’ve also met Wendy in person many times, and she really is just a fantastically wonderful person!

As to how it works - its not an easily explained thing through typed word. But think of it like physical therapy and giving the horse what he needs & wants to help change their posture. Easiest way to compare it to for humans, is when you stand on a wobble board, or something unstable you carry yourself differently, you’re more aware of your posture and balance & you move with more care. It’s similar for the horses, only they keep the same postural changes once off the pads, where us humans are smart enough to lean and brace against the ground when we step off.

That’s the easiest way I know to explain it, but watch the videos - there’s plenty online. You can even see the before & after. The changes are slight. But they are there! I’ve taken a horse who couldn’t travel to the left without a big fight, bucking, rearing fits, and had them traveling left after 1 short session. :)

8. froglander

froglander Senior Member

I’ve had the opportunity to attend some Wendy clinics with a fun group in central Florida. Only really used the sure foot pads with my horse one time and I can’t remember what he thought, but there is a time with a different horse that has stuck out.

Wasn’t able to bring my horse, it was an evening kind of group lesson and someone kindly brought an extra horse I could ride. It’s been too long since I’ve ridden other than my gelding and I was nervous but trying to be positive about it. Mare was supposed to be a slowpoke trail horse but she didn’t want to stand still to mount and that just set me on edge. So of course she picked up on that and it was not a pleasant ride for either of us. At one point I was near tears and Wendy called us over and brought the pads out. We stood there for awhile, could feel the mare shifting her weight, finding balance and as the mare relaxed and took some deep breaths I was able to join her. Had a good rest of our ride :)

mooselady and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.
  9. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

That is totally awesome! Not to steal the thread from Meljean, but its always good to hear first hand experiences from people you "know."

I think we all know if your behind a product or method, it must be legit!:D I wonder if it would be worth looking into this for Hope, she has an extremely hard time picking up the right lead, even with the different exercises I've been trying to do with her.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  10. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

I can see them helping. One time a horse of mine came up really lame by moving only on her toes. Was so bad at first the vet thought she was getting laminitis. Turned out she had severely bruised heels from a show we went to a couple months before and finally it was just too much for her. He used styrofoam for her to step on to figure out how much wedge she needed to feel comfortable. It worked. She only needed the wedge for one trim and then was back to regular shoes.