1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Super soft, glove-like, slim-ankle, high spanish top Field Boots? Custom or OTR

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Fancy That, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Hi Gang - My favorite boots in the world are my Mountain Horse Supremes. They are GLOVE SOFT, calfskin, broken-in- right out of the box. Skinny ankle, no elastic gusset (I don't like those) and super high spanish top.

They are now discontinued and I can't find my size 6 that I need in that brand/make.

So....now.......I'm thinking perhaps I get my "dream boots" in BROWN :)

I would literally duplicate the Supremes in brown, but that doesn't exist.

SO WHAT BOOTS (custom or off-the-rack) are most similar? Suggestions please. Thinking of getting Casa De Las Botas or another custom, but am sort of afraid, too.

A friend custom-ordered La Mundials at Rolex and they are horribly stiff and impossible to wear or break-in.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

2. StormWarrier

StormWarrier Senior Member+

So far I'm head over HEELS with my Parlanti's! They make them in brown (the Miami), and are just AMAZING! I've ridden in them twice, and they're already broken in. I would def check them out. I'm wanting a pair of brown ones for schooling now :heartbeat:

2 people like this.
  3. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback on the Parlanti's....are they glove soft? Would you mind posting pics?

4. DressageHaffie

DressageHaffie Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  5. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Thanks, DH! I already contacted them and they don't have my size on sale (it's for in-stock-only), so they'd be $1000. I've never tried on Parlanti's before, so not going to dive into that quite yet :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

Is your "friend" my "friend" too?? I remember when he ordered those boots, he had a few Margaritas before hand ;)

What about the Ariat Crowne Pros? Or my Divozas ($200!)

7. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Baylily - LOL, yes!!! We have his boots here (Tiff does) and she's been trying to break them in for him and they are literally impossible. Not sure what type of leather he ordered...maybe you should have been heavier-handed when he placed the order? hahahhahaa!!!

Thanks for the suggestions on the Ariats and Divozas....do you and Tex have the same Divozas? I'll go back and look but I'm wanting really nice boots...more like $500+ price point. I love that glove soft, custom fit type :) (and no elastic gusset/panel)

But maybe just for fun, I can look at the Divozas?? they look smashing on you!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

I can't remember what he ordered (i'm sure he didn't either LOL!). But wow, how disappointing that they aren't super soft!

The Ariat Crowne Pros were super nice, but then Ariat tall boots have always fit me like a custom boot. They were soft, supple, right out of the box. So were the Divozas, no breaking in, but don't look quite as nice as the Crowne Pros if i'm being completely honest. But then, they were $200 cheaper. They are very soft, pliable, and look quite custom!

[​IMG]

I think if I were going to splurge I might go for the brown DeNiros. But if you don't HAVE to go custom, I think the two Ariats are awesome (they have the Challengers now in brown too).

9. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

OMG--not to hijack your thread, but I just bought a HUNTER GREEN Charles Owen Hampton, and am now looking to buy a solid hunter green Heytrhop hacking jacket to go with the brown boots. I just knew you would appreciate :)

10. stephanie

stephanie Senior Member

Fancy, so you don't think I'm just here to hijack, I'm following along, though it will be awhile before I can afford new boots:)

Lily, I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but I have a hunter green jacket I am looking to sell. I would be happy to grab photos for you, it was given to me awhile ago and I am just not using it:).

1 person likes this.