Stallion Tack Brand

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Morgan Schmidt, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggmMAA&usg=AFQjCNHKlvUhzGVcR103L5VCxrp84DkTOA
    Yeah, I was surprised too. Up until a couple months ago they were only $150 shipped. And I made a mistake. They are $180 now.
    They are really good trees from everything I have seen. There's a little room to customize the trees besides seat size.
    For my horses the trees are almost too wide, but they have lean body's.
    My fiance used their beartrap tree for the saddle he breaks horses in. He used it on a really nasty bucker and on another horse that layed down and rolled on it. She was easily 1400#. We inspected the tree carefully and it's perfectly fine.
    A corriente tree is also in my trail saddle.

2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Saw a Stallion barrel saddle on the weekend - accessed it for fit......asymmetrically assembled & I'm willing to bet a fiberglass tree given how light the dang thing was! RUN.

mooselady and Morgan Schmidt like this.
  3. Morgan Schmidt

Morgan Schmidt Registered

Did a little more searching. Still not able to find a Corriente or Circle Y etc.. in my price range. Read reviews about this brand "H&H" and it'a an American made brand. They're new at about $700-800. Thoughts? Thank you everyone for bearing with my inexperience. I really appreciate all the help and advice!!

Attached Files:

4. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

I see Corrientes in the $700-800 used AND new all the time. Did you check their website?

For $700-900 you could get a used roughout training saddle. That's what we show in... at AQHA (small shows) and POA and 4-H. You don't need silver to show.

5. Morgan Schmidt

Morgan Schmidt Registered

If I had $700-800 to spend I would definitely be buying a corriente. Sadly I don't lol. I love the looks of them but no one seem to want to sell one to me in my price range. I looked into this brand online and also called the place just to see and I got a real voicemail to H&H. This saddle is listed at $325.

Attached Files:

6. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

I would not buy that saddle.

I'd wait until I could afford better.

7. ILuvMyAppyQH

ILuvMyAppyQH Senior Member

There are hundreds of used saddles on eBay in your price range - older, quality saddles.