Stall decoration Ideas for show.. *required*

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Carly, May 15, 2007.

1. Carly

Carly Senior Member+

Okay I am going to a big show (well biggest of the year for Jess and I! haha) in August. Still aways away yet I know.. but it comes up SO quick!
    I need ideas for stall decoration help. Last year I was up there, but didn't have a horse with me- i was with friends. I helped them do their stall a bit it was sort of a 'country' theme. The winner was medevil sort of.. with big old style curtains etc.

Anyways the theme this year is 'Feel the Horse Power'. I had already had ideas rolling of a Hawaiian theme- but I guess not! haha
    Any ideas is greatly appreciated!
    Oh and I will be traveling for about 6 hours for the show.. so stuff thats easy to travel with is a definite! :)

Here is a pic of the stall I kind of helped with last year..

[​IMG]

2. Miss Neigh

Miss Neigh Senior Member

Clean shavings or straw always looks nice:p
    I wouldn't bother decorating a stall, as long as your horse looks beautiful :D

3. Carly

Carly Senior Member+

Its sort of required.. and theres a competition for stall decoration and cleanliness of the week were up there! :)
    No worries.. plenty of time to decorate the horses.. we have the day before the show/fair even OPENS to decorate :)

4. Miss Neigh

Miss Neigh Senior Member

hmm.. u know after i replied i had a thought, maybe there is a stall competition held.
    If there is a costume class and your entering, you could decorate the stall around your costume theme.

5. Carly

Carly Senior Member+

There is a theme..as I stated in the OP 'Feel the horse power'

6. freedom32

freedom32 Senior Member+

Well its nice that you have the wire over the stall entrances to keep them from eating your decorations! We always have to be careful of that because our fair stalls are open.

Hmmmmmm you could do a 'how the West was won' theme, or an American Indian, or Amish........ I usually get an idea, then go to the fabric store, then find what I want for my curtain, and go off of that. Old spray painted horse shoes look good hung up, old bits.......

If you show english you could decorate your stall to look like a big jump....

7. codyntampa

codyntampa Senior Member+

For our 4-H state shows we have to decorate the stalls, and this year they chose a movie theme. They got movie posters from a movie theater and made a little film strip where they put pictures of their horses in. I can't think of anything anyone else did, but there are some pretty creative things you can do.

8. mommadoc

mommadoc Senior Member

Oh, got a great Idea!!! Horse power can mean many different things, Set up your stall with Pick up tires, and racing flags, and pictures of 4 wheel drive trucks. Use the play on words and dress like a race car driver. Brilliant! Use a checkered black and white cloth for your curtains. Just an Idea, but it is horse power and you can even incorporate horses in by adding buggy racing pictures and that sort of stuff. Have car wax sitting next to your shosheen. lol

9. mommadoc

mommadoc Senior Member

you could just use the spare tire from the truck, if you are worried about easy to travel. Just a thought, let me know what you think.