Stall Behavior

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by windblown, Jan 4, 2018.

1. MuckMuck

MuckMuck Senior Member

How about a video about the topic.

LaceyInJuneau, Whoa and ChestersMomma like this.
  2. lhoward

lhoward Senior Member

I did read it.
    And no, you don't have to be born claustrophobic. Phobias, Claustrophobia, Anxieties are all things that can suddenly start. Usually set off by something, but in the case of an animal, you cannot always tell what set it off.

Since this behavior only just intensified, as it was said, then I'm still certain it is not just "brattiness" esp. since the mare seems to be well behaved and well trained otherwise.

Whether it is Claustrophobia, or it is part of it, or not, it deserves some deeper digging before just smacking it out of the horse. For everyones safety.

ChestersMomma likes this.
  3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I never told her to smack it. I told her to put it in one crosstie with a hay bag an d train it how to be in the stall rather than leaving it loose in the stall to do as it pleases.

If you don't train them, it's not their fault that they believe it's their territiry to do as they like in.

equinitis likes this.
  4. MuckMuck

MuckMuck Senior Member

"If you don't train them, it's not their fault that they believe it's their territiry to do as they like in"

Love the last line.

5. lhoward

lhoward Senior Member

Oh, that part was not directed at you at all! I agree with tying, training, trying to figure out...anything other then just raw discipline, since imho there is more going on then just a ****y attitude..esp. given this is unusual for that horse.