Spurs To School??

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by BarrelRacingSND, May 13, 2013.

1. BarrelRacingSND

BarrelRacingSND Banned

Ok so today i wore my spurs to school and right before 6th hour my principle wanted me to take em off!!! I was like are you kidding me!! I have been wearing them for 6 hours and your just now noticing them!!!!!!!! Well I didnt take them off that hour like he told me to i took them off the next hour. Well what i dont understand is why cant you have spurs in school its not like im gonna take em off and kill somebody with them! I simply forgot to take them off!! Oh my gosh city people...

1 person likes this.

2. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member+

No biggie, I would have just taken them off when he asked. Can't say that I have ever "forgotten" to take mine off, sometime I have gotten lazy when I go to the store right after riding, but I doubt I could sit in a class room or walk from class to class for 6 hours without tripping. I am not very graceful with spurs on.

8 people like this.
  3. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member+

Most schools have a dress code and most likely spurs are not on the "allowed" list. If you were asked to remove them you should have done so politely. I couldn't have walked around in spurs without catching them on something and falling on my behind, you must be more gracefully than the average person!

2 people like this.
  4. BigDreamsRanch

BigDreamsRanch Senior Member+

At my school there are only two students that wear spurs...........one of them is me. There is nothing on our dress code that says no spurs and I have yet to have someone tell me to take them off and I've walked right in front of the principle with them on. Now if someone told me to take them off I would object. Sorry, there not coming off because I would more then likely forget to put them back on. Spurs are a way of my life so I will continue to wear them. If someone tells me to take them off then I'll raise a little ****.
    Oh and to add I'am very "graceful" while wearing spurs. I should, I wear them for over 10 hours each day.

5. FutureVetGirl

FutureVetGirl Senior Member+

It's no big deal... just take them off if asked. :)

In addition, if they were rowelled spurs that hit the ground when you walk, it could damage floors and other pieces of school property. So a very good reason why he would ask you to remove them.

1 person likes this.
  6. BigDreamsRanch

Good point.

7. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member+

Okay, this came up on a FB page about the MN horse expo.

I guess i do not see the point in wearing spurs when you are NOT on a horse? IMPO it's ridiculous and if someone is trying to look "cool" by doing it..... IME, the real horse people do not see them as "cool"

37 people like this.
  8. BigDreamsRanch

My question is who really takes their spurs off their boots? I never do and most people of my discipline never do. The moment I get home I start training horse's and I'm normally still riding well into the night and every second I can save helps. Meaning if I have to wear spurs to school to save me time then so be it.

1 person likes this.
  9. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member+

Who On Earth HaS Rowels That HIt The Floor As You Walk?

And I'm Grown, I'll Wear SpUrs When I Please.....;)

2 people like this.
  10. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member+

My Spurs Stay On My Boots...But I Take My Boots OFf When I'm Done Riding. IT Takes About 15 Second....I Really Don't Think 15 Seconds Will Cause Any Delay....

11 people like this.