Soy Sensitivity?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by Lopinslow, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

The Doxy was supposed to arrive yesterday to the boarding barn. it did not. the vet is checking the tracking information. her Vitamin E and probiotic arrived today, so will get her started on that. and, there is a magnawave lady that will at the show this weekend, so I may have her done Friday evening and of course she'll be sporting all her BOT stuff.

She will then be coming home after the show.

2. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

Barn just text me, doxy has arrived. Hopefully she starts feeling better quickly.

Alsosusieq2, ginster and LoveTrail like this.
  3. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

Rested her for lymes. It's down, but still chronic #7126. Trying another month of Doxy.

ginster, LoveTrail and kodemiester like this.
  4. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

Thought I would update this.

Since I'm going to breed April in March, i wanted to retest her to see where she was at so we would have time to treat her if needed. Was very happy and surprised to hear she is down to about 2200! Vet said no need to treat now, should continue to drop!

She was a completely different horse last summer, so really anxious to start riding on the 1st! She has been very uncomfortable when pulling right hind back for farrier, so had her checked out by our go-to. Thought it was something different as she has not reacted that way in the past, but same old stifles, so injected and will be good to go. 20181220_140340.jpg

5. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Considering all she has now gone through has she been treated for hind gut ulcers? It does affect the right hind because the right dorsal colon is there.

ginster likes this.
  6. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

@LoveTrail cam you recommend a feed low in soy or not containing soy? I'm going to entertain the idea for a sensitive and spooky horse i have.

7. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

I did try her on some Equisure about a year ago, didn't change anything. may try it again, but can't be fed with Magnesium, so I will have to pick one! lol

@endurgirl, Triple Crown Natural was soy free... it was what I tried with her for a while before we tested her for lymes

8. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I can't get triple crown, my local supplier now does proelite as the substitute.

I also did equishure with no change.

9. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Well, i just tried calling another TC vendor, she initially told me that they couldn't get Naturals, then called me back and said they could order it for me, so i'm going to give that a trial. How long before you saw a change going soy free? I'm thinking about buying in semi-bulk since it's about a dollar cheaper per bag than what i'm buying now. (ProElite)

10. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

the soy free didn't do anything for April, it was all lymes. she is on Triple Crown Senior as its a bit sticky and easy to mix supplements in. lol