Soy Sensitivity?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by Lopinslow, Mar 8, 2018.

1. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Would you go through with breeding her if she turns out to have PSSM?

Faster Horses likes this.
  2. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

Probably not

ginster likes this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

I hope she she comes up clean....May as well..

4. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

I assume May will be negative (therefore April as well), I've never noticed any issues with her or any of her foals.

Picking up some Triple Crown Naturals today and will start switching her over. Also had barn give her 1 gram of bute last night and 1 gram this morning, so I can see how she is today (if pain related). her western saddle fits just fine, but will try the hunt saddle today to see if there is a change in her "tude".

5. ZipAllied

ZipAllied Senior Member

@Lopinslow, my guy is soy sensitive too. One of the things I noticed was that his eyes would water constantly before being taken off soy. He also didn't start showing any signs til he was 5/6.

And mine will react to any soy- including soy hulls. I tried the TC Naturals but mine didn't do very well on it so I switched back to Uckele Sporthorse Pellets and alfalfa Pellets.

Hope you find out what's going on.

gaitedboomer likes this.
  6. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Foxy is definitely corn and oil sensitive. I do plan on testing for PSSM1 just to be sure his is only allergy symptoms that caused his issues over the years and would only have to make a slight feed adjustment. I don't think he is PSSM2 based on symptoms and his age at this point. Then if he isn't PSSM1, then it is another avenue for people to look into when their horses has symptoms like Foxy did from his food allergies. He had 18 from the corn alone.

7. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

some of you may think i'm crazy, but have an apt with the animal communicator that has blown me away multiple times on Tuesday of next week. 1. will ask if she hurts anywhere, etc... and i'll have the lady tell her "its your last year of showing, SUCK IT UP!"

8. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

email response from the Animal Communicator I've used periodically since 2006

2012 AQHA mare – April
    Hi Shawna, when I connect with April, she is a very sweet mare, with very kind eyes and an honest personality.
    She is an achiever and enjoys doing a good job she tells me.

Is she sore anywhere? When I ask her this question, she is showing me her right hind, she can get stiff in the
    stifle area, and be careful with her feet and not letting her toe get long. She shows me that this throws her body
    off. She also gets a bit tight or stiff in the poll area, and at the base of her withers. She also has some muscle
    soreness on right side of lower back area into right hip.

If she IS sore, what can I do to help? For the poll and hind end, I am seeing chiropractic as helpful as well as
    stretching these areas. For wither area, she is showing me a more cushioned saddle pad, she feels that the
    saddle is putting a little pressure in the wither area.

Do her saddles fit okay? There seems to be a little more pressure on the right side of the wither area with saddle
    (this seems to be the heavier saddle, maybe western?), she feels like it also restricts he shoulders a litte bit. She
    shows me another sadde that she would like to have more clearance or cushion around wither area, She would
    like the saddle to not sit so low on withers. This is a smaller saddle, maybe English?

Anything she wants to tell me? She shows me that you and her make a very good team and that she takes care
    of. She truly adores you and feels that you are “her” person. She says that she chooses you over other horses,
    because she really enjoys her time with you. She says that she feels that you are true partners and she is loyal
    to you. She wants you to know that she always tries hard, and loves to make you proud. She admits there are
    times her body does not perform as well as she would like, but she tries very hard for you.

If you can let her know, this will be her last year of showing, so lets blow everyone else out of the water! She
    shows me that she enjoys showing but admits that it is a lot of travel and work. She would enjoy spending time
    doing fun things with you on a more regular basis.

Warm Regards,

9. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Fascinating.
    Hope the chiro can help her.

10. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

She sees a chiro a few times a year. he visited her last month. may get him out again in the next month or so, depending on how she is doing.

ginster likes this.