South Florida Members?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EventerNic6187, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:08 AM.

1. EventerNic6187

EventerNic6187 Senior Member

Are there any? I can't be the only one all the way down here in paradise :LOL:

I just moved to Ft. Lauderdale from Massachusetts and would love to get to know some of the people on here from that area! It's been hard trying to make friends in a completely unfamiliar environment where you don't know anyone, especially friends who share the same kind of horse craziness as you. with WEF coming up, maybe we can plan a south Florida meet and greet?

cmrtoner and manesntails like this.
  2. froglander

froglander Senior Member

I used to be in south Florida, boarded at a barn in Cooper City. But a couple years ago we moved up to central Florida.

There is a lot of horsey stuff down there though. Are you /in/ Ft Lauderdale or nearby?

manesntails likes this.
  3. EventerNic6187

We are /in/ Ft. Lauderdale. Wasn't really my first choice, but it'll do for now. I would have loved to have been in Cooper City or Davie, or even more towards Palm Beach, but those places were over our budget :blushing: Someday...

4. froglander

froglander Senior Member

I was in Pembroke Pines, didn’t seem like pricing was that bad, but was a few years ago now.

Are you boarding a horse in Ft Lauderdale then? A friend of mine lived in Ft Lauderdale but kept her horse in Cooper City.

manesntails likes this.
  5. EventerNic6187

Unfortunately I don’t have a horse... yet. I’m hoping to find a barn to start lessons at soon and maybe do a lease sometime next year once I regain some of my lost riding skills. Do you know of any good jumper barns in this area with lesson horses?

manesntails likes this.
  6. Misty H

Misty H Full Member

I’m in central Florida. In Brooksville.

7. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I used to work in Pompano at Pompano Park, training Stbs. Moved from Ft. Lauderdale and now I'm in The Fl. Panhandle, and I was born and raised in Massachusetts. Glad to meet another Wicked Good New Englander. :D

EventerNic6187 likes this.
  8. EventerNic6187

I've never heard of it! *scurries off to Google maps* Oh so you're not terribly far from St. Pete/Tampa. I've got an uncle in St. Pete so I'm out that way occasionally.

I'm not far from Pompano Park at all... I'm in the Oakland Park Boulevard/Powerline area. It's been a culture shock for sure, but anything is better than MA winters!

manesntails likes this.
  9. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Oa
    Oakland Park and Powerline, ahhh, I know it well~!! :LOL:

10. Misty H

Misty H Full Member

Oman hour from Tampa. I use to live in Tampa most my life but had to get out of the city. Couldn’t take the craziness anymore. So moved to a town called Springhill, FL it’s in Pasco county

manesntails likes this.