So you've been accused of being a bad, incompetent, unsafe horse person?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by NaeNae, Jun 7, 2018.

1. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

Just like the world in general seems to be going way too far left and "PC", the horse world seems to be following suit at times.

Yes, horses are large animals. Yes, mostly everything that we do with them is dangerous. Yes, we could always do things safer.

NO, no one is perfect and everyone has done not so smart things with their horses. We are HUMAN! And gosh darnit, sometimes we want to do something and not be lectured about it (while yes, fully knowing how stupid said thing may be).

I propose we let off each other a little bit. Loosen up, calm down, and stop lecturing someone for seemingly WRAPPING A LEAD ROPE AROUND THEIR HAND!

Post your pictures here with explanations about how stupid this horse act was and let's all celebrate the fact that we aren't perfect but still know better! :cowdance::cowdance::cowdance:

I will begin in the next post as I have no shame and know exactly how good and not good of a horse person I am and don't need someone on the internet to tell me otherwise!

foxtrot and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  2. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

First, I don’t think I lectured Dona Worry about the lead rope. I thought I was doing a good thing, warning her about the person I knew who had a terrible accident. Plus I apologized to her and anyone else I offended.

Maybe this hullabaloo could have, should have, ended with my last post. Instead of several more all saying the same thing.

The end, at least from my perspective.

3. reicheru

reicheru Senior Member

I think she was referring to SLC's lecture :)

Arem, foxtrot, DelP and 4 others like this.
  4. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

Here I am catching Katie with my belt - yes folks you read that correctly, my belt - as I didn't have a halter on hand and didn't expect her to have a bummed eye. FOR SHAME!
    [​IMG]

Here is Katie ground tied in a parking lot of a public park (WHAT?! But NaeNae, she could run away!).
    [​IMG]

Here I am letting River, a know jumper-out-of-the-round-pen, step on her lead rope to teach herself to give to pressure. OH MY!
    [​IMG]

Bareback and NO HELMET?! The horror!
    [​IMG]

And again?! But this time even worse as we have NO ROUND PEN PANELS!
    [​IMG]

Here Katie and I are sliding and scaling down an extremely steep and slippery clay slope after a week of pouring rain. Why oh why would I do something so stupid?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And after we scaled that slope I left her on 80 ACRES with 8 other horses to be alone for 3 months and only get checked on ONCE a WEEK?!
    [​IMG]

"But NaeNae, she could bite your face!"
    [​IMG]

What can I say? Mobile tanning bed?
    [​IMG]

Clearly I don't learn from my mistakes...
    [​IMG]

Oh no.....opening a can of worms with the cliche standing on your horse photo!
    [​IMG]

Well SURPRISE here's another!
    [​IMG]

Chased this guy 3 hours south and caught him in a corn field after skiing behind him on ice and snow and being lost after he dropped me in a ditch. Did it bareback and in steel toes!
    [​IMG]

DunsNPallys, spec, foxtrot and 7 others like this.
  5. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Here's one.... I had to fix his boot (Photography credits to @PintoArab )
    [​IMG]

Bebe, GONE ROPING and NaeNae like this.
  6. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I assure you, this is not about you in the slightest. (y)

Arem, manesntails, Puddincup and 6 others like this.
  7. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

This has nothing to do with you. This is a completely different thread. ;)

Arem, manesntails and DelP like this.
  8. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Oh, @NaeNae , we all kiss our horses lol
    [​IMG]

9. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Not sure what's going on. Usually the situation gets complicated by people jumping on the bandwagon IMO.

If someone made a comment, was wrong and then apologized.. That's that and let it go.

If you're talking about that photo with Dona's mare, it sure looked like it was wrapped around her hand to me too. If you'd had your fingers nearly ripped off, you'd know why there were concerns.

I figure bringing it up again just kind of starts more of a hassle.

Is there too much arguing on the boards? Yeah, there is. Point is on the arguing, it may be justified, but looks terrible and we're a huge forum viewed by thousands.

So.. in this instance, I really didn't see anything wrong, only concern. Let's not make a huge deal out of it is what I figure. But, what do I know. ;)

mooselady likes this.
  10. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Just hanging out .. haha
    [​IMG]