So...no saddle...and now ignoring me...

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by iluvannie412, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iluvannie412

iluvannie412 Senior Member

I talked to a very nice member on here about buying her Wintec. I talked to her for a while before buying the saddle to make sure she wasn't a scammer of some sort, but she sounded like a normal person. We had conversations, I talked about my horse and the problems I've had w/ him and she gave me tips. I eventually decided to buy the saddle and we paid through paypal. She said she received the paypal thing (whatever it's called) and would "have the saddle sent soon and would send me the shipping info". This was on Wednesday. On Friday, I asked (just out of curiosity) when she was planning to send it because I'm hoping to start lessons soon and I need a saddle for that... so I just wanted to know a guess as to when the saddle might be sent/arrive. She hasn't replied to that PM...but she HAS been on the forum. What do I do? Am I just being paranoid..:eek:..it's been 5 days and I've heard nothing from her. I know it can't be sent on a weekend, but she could at least reply to my PM...???

Sorry...just a bit anxious...:( I'm known to get overly paranoid and over-think things...so maybe that's it and I just need to be more patient...:no:

2. crayon

crayon Senior Member+

Try waiting a little longer and then send her one more PM. If she doesn't reply within a few days of being online, you can refund your payment since you paid with paypal.

3. iluvannie412

Good to hear...I wasn't sure if that's how it works w/ paypal (my mom did it for me...lol). Well then I wouldn't think she's trying to scam me if she knows I can easily take my money back. Hmmm...maybe she's just busy...too busy to reply to my PM...but not too busy to hop on the forum and ignore my PM...?:rolleyez:

4. Farnorth

Farnorth Senior Member+

It can take a while to find a box, get packing materials and packing tape, get the saddle packed and on the way. She has probably been online but didnt answer the PM because she hadn't shipped yet and isn't wanting to tell you that, she will most likely answer when she can tell you she has shipped it out. I would think if it was me it would take me till monday to get it packed and ready to go.

I wouldn't worry too much, people have things going on and can't always get to stuff right away.

5. TheBombDotCom

TheBombDotCom Senior Member+

I had the same problem here, except the forum member responded to all of my emails regarding the lost items and I paid w personal check.

It would be one thing if she was responding to you and it is lost. But she is not responding and she has YOUR money, not very good customer service.

Luckily you can get refunded by paypal, that is why paypal is always a good option!

I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and wait a couple more days for response and then get a refund, and politely tell her so. Sorry you are having to go through this, you can always make other people aware by posting the "users" name on the good seller/bad seller list on here if it turns out to be shady.

Hope it works out.

6. iluvannie412

Thanks guys...I agree, it can take a while to get a whole saddle packaged up and shipped. I also agree that not responding to my message when she has my momey is some-what bad customer service.

SO...I'm going to wait until.....ummm.....Wednesday, and if she hasn't at least CONTACTED me or told me anything...then I'm going to let her know I'm refunding my $$. I REALLY like this saddle and the things it comes w/ though...so...FINGERS CROSSED she's still sending it!!! :D

7. crayon

crayon Senior Member+

Goo luck. :) Hopefully she's just busy with life and needs to find a box or doesn't live close to the post office.

8. iluvannie412

Thanks! Yup...Hopefully :D

9. paval

paval Senior Member+

Can't offer any thoughts other than to chime in and say I can relate to not living within close distance to services that one might have in a more densely populated area... I have a saddle for sale now and I specifically state that I will ship within 2 days of payment (excluding weekends and holidays) because I know it will take me a day to package it nicely and then the next day to drive it down to drop off at the UPS terminal, rather than paying extra for one of those UPS stores to package and ship off.

I understand it would make you wonder though why someone couldn't spare 2 minutes as a courtesy to reply to an email when you know they are accessing the internet. Have you checked your Inbox on the forum? Maybe for some reason you weren't sent a notification to your regular email inbox that you received a private message??

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  10. iluvannie412

Yeah, I've checked my inbox multiple times...just waiting now I guess...thanks for the input :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.