SLER at it again

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by reicheru, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Michelle Lubben

Michelle Lubben Registered

And when she left my property last week she was headed to Kansas to pick up a load of rescue horses to take back to Texas with her.

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

That's what I'm saying, she turns them out together in half an acre, or used to and I doubt she's changed, with no hay to speak of. Probably didn't have hay in the trailer either.

CoffeeBean likes this.
  3. Michelle Lubben

No, I didn’t s
    No, I didn’t see any hay in the trailer. After finding this post I became very concerned. My horses were supposed to be vet checked before leaving Texas, and I compared pictures she sent me on pick up with the pictures from delivery day, now I’m wondering if they were feed at all the week she had them. I will be calling the vet in Texas on Monday to find out what was done.

CoffeeBean, ginster and manesntails like this.
  4. reicheru

reicheru Senior Member

Oh heck. Any idea where in KS? I'm wondering if this monster is trying to scam/starve horses from any rescues that I know

CoffeeBean and ginster like this.
  5. Michelle Lubben

I don’t know the name, just that they were paid for by donations from a feed lot and she said no rescue would take them.

6. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Rest assured, she didn't clean and disinfect that trailer before she loaded your two, or afterward. Despite a confirmed case of strangles.

I'm really sorry and I hope they improve with care from your vet and yourself.

manesntails likes this.
  7. Michelle Lubben

I’m sure she didn’t clean that trailer. That’s part of why I told her he has strangles, because I knew she was getting another load of horses in that trailer and it needed to be cleaned. I don’t want any other horse going through what my Jessie James is going through.

8. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

It's good that you told her, but she has been told in the past. H#ll, she had an outbreak of strangles at her "rescue" years ago and was still moving horses until enough of us screamed at the state veterinarian that the place was quarantined. I suspect she was still transporting animals though and I saw photos of the interior - she doesn't clean it.

I bet she shipped your horses too you with her name listed as the owner on the Coggins papers. That's a work-around so she isn't a commercial shipper and can pretty much do whatever she likes. When in reality, she is shipping for money and should be registered with DOT and subject to all the rules pertaining to transporting horses (livestock) for hire.

Best of luck with your two. I hope they thrive.

9. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Don't be so certain of that. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she wasn't on both ends of the deal (purchase and transport).

10. Michelle Lubben

My mare didn’t make it.