SLER at it again

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by reicheru, Nov 8, 2017.

1. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

This is how rescues target people ignorant of livestock or the care needed. Cutsie talk about babies and what horrible people do to them. Weaning a foal is paramount to torturing a child and selling a horse is breaking up a happy family and the rest of the horses in the family will simply perish from sadness at the separation. A mare will not allow her own "baby" to breed her, nor will he want to breed his own momma! No need to separate them and see above about separating the happy family.

Folks want to think they are saving this poor little baby when, in fact, they are most likely only prolonging it's suffering. The colt will probably need all sorts of treatment and surgery and just not respond to any of it so the pleas for money will continue as long as the colt lives but he will never get better since he will not be getting the treatment he needs. Well meaning people that are ignorant about livestock keeping do more damage than good getting involved in stuff like this and are why, at least partly, the equine industry in is the shape it is in.

CoffeeBean, maggiesmom and Sandra-A1 like this.
  2. Sandra-A1

Sandra-A1 Senior Moderator Staff Member

I thought the SLER was in Wells, Nevada ...when did it move to Alabama?
    I think it is being confused with another rescue that used to post on this Forum several years ago that was ran by a Mother and Daughter in Alabama....the exact name escapes me at this moment.

3. Amarea

Amarea Senior Member

I want to say that one was SAER? The comment made about Alabama was incorrect. SLER is the rescue formerly known as NNER and is run by Deanna Tierney.

maggiesmom and Sandra-A1 like this.
  4. AprilBride2012

AprilBride2012 Senior Member

You are correct.

5. Michelle Lubben

Michelle Lubben Registered

She moved her rescue to Texas. She delivered 2 horses to me last week from a Texas kill pen. She had them on her property for a few days before heading out. They were delivered 2 days late because of a possiably false paperwork issue with a boarding facility. The colt has strangles, I tried to notify her, since he was in the trailer with a lot of other equines and mine was the last stop. Response was “ya, that happens a lot off a feed lot”. I actually expected it and set up a quarantine pen on the other side of my property, far away from my other horses. The pregnant mare was thinner than the purchase pictures, I was told “they loose a lot of weight during transport”. She had my horses for a week total. She was telling me she is hated in the rescue world because she transports horses so cheap.
    I actually found this forum while googling her rescue.

6. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

You should've googled her FIRST.
    You get nothing but sick, underfed horses from her. She sells them cheap because she puts nothing into them.

CoffeeBean and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  7. Michelle Lubben

I didn’t buy them from her, I only used her for transport. My horses lost weight in the week she had them, she was not concerned that the colt had strangles. I was concerned because the sheer number of horses/donkeys that were in that trailer with him. No telling how many are now infected.

ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

What ever happen to "Baby Clue".

9. Michelle Lubben

He is not listed on her FB page or her website.

10. Amarea

Amarea Senior Member

Just add that one to the slew of others that magically disappeared while in her care

CoffeeBean and manesntails like this.