SKETCHY horse seller??

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by cavaliersandhorses, Mar 7, 2017.

1. cavaliersandhorses

cavaliersandhorses Registered

MOD NOTE: There were originally three threads here. Please note that may account for some irregularities/repetition on the first page or two of conversation. Thanks! ~CM

SKETCHY HORSE SELLER? Hi all,
    This is my first time here so I'll try my best :) currently looking at a few horses, one a gypsy vanner gelding. There was an ad online that was quite professional

So naturally I reached out, but after talking with the alleged seller I felt extremely off. One thing I should add before agreeing our message exchange is three things:
    1) the original sellers area code said they were in a certain state, let's say Connecticut, but then through text said they were quite a big farther, requiring pay for transport
    2) the ad is descriptive, etc, but the person I texted with was very vague as well as needing to see their own ad??
    3) if the person I was texting with se s this and is actually selling the horse, I'm sorry, I'm just always cautious.

Here goes:

Well thanks, I would love everyone's input!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2017
  2. cavaliersandhorses

This is my first time here so I'll try my best :) currently looking at a few horses, one a gypsy vanner gelding. There was an ad online that was quite professional:

So naturally I reached out, but after talking with the alleged seller I felt extremely off. One thing I should add before agreeing our message exchange is three things:
    1) the original sellers area code said they were in a certain state, let's say Connecticut, but then through text said they were quite a big farther, requiring pay for transport
    2) the ad is descriptive, etc, but the person I texted with was very vague as well as needing to see their own ad??
    3) if the person I was texting with se s this and is actually selling the horse, I'm sorry, I'm just always cautious.

Here goes:

3. cavaliersandhorses

This is my first time here so I'll try my best :) currently looking at a few horses, one a gypsy vanner gelding. There was an ad online that was quite professional:

Here goes:

4. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I keep getting a message saying I don't have permission to view the album. . .

5. cavaliersandhorses

Ah ok will fix it

6. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

Any reason this is cross posted in nearly every topic?

7. cavaliersandhorses

Sorry, I'm new here Do you know how I can remove it from irrelevant threads?

8. PyroTekNik333

PyroTekNik333 Senior Member

Scammy scammerson.
    Stay away. Don't respond to any more messages from them.

mooselady and secuono like this.
  9. Compadre

Compadre Senior Member

Gypsy vanners are a relatively rare breed here in the states.

If he is not prices as expensive as he should be, it's a scam.

If the seller is not willing to meet you in person, it's a scam. Even if you're not totally willing to drive to this hypothetical place, pretend you are and ask about coming out.

Heck, if the seller is not willing to have a voice conversation with you rather than texts, it's a scam.

ibsammy, NBChoice and mooselady like this.
  10. Chester

Chester Senior Member

Can you post the ad?

But from what you have said sounds like a scam to me.