Show Your Thoroughbreds!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by luckydragon, Dec 3, 2016.

1. luckydragon

luckydragon Senior Member

It's been a long time since there has been a thread to show off the TBs on here.

Feel free to share lots of pictures and information about your TBs, both OTTBs and non raced ones.

Here are my horses, as well as my mom's and sister's. They are pretty much all related. Other than my filly, they all came from the same breeder (the ranch where I work at now). Lucky and Victory have the same dam. Victory, Winsome, and Dancer have the same sire. Miracle is out of a half sister to those three (she is by the same stallion as well). Petals and Miracle have the same sire. Petals is out of a full sister to Dakota Wrangler. Dakota Wrangler is out of a full sister to Lucky. Reine is out of Victory. Dusty Rose is out of Petals (we suspect she is by the same stallion as Reine). We really do have certain lines of horses that we like!

Lucky Krews, 2000, 16.2 hh, off track gelding. He is now an Eventer, and does all-round. I've been using him as a pony horse to exercise and train the racehorses at the ranch where I work (the ranch is the breeder for all my TBs).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Winsome (JC Dogtoothkid), 2003, 16.3 hh, off track gelding. He is an Eventer that does a little bit of everything. He's my best jumper and will even do it bareback and bridleless!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dancer's Draw, 2006, 17.0 hh, off track gelding. He's my newest project. I've been working with him mostly on Dressage and a little bit of Jumping. He also rides western occasionally.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Graceful Victory, 2003, 16.0 hh, off track mare. She has done some of everything. I've done mostly jumping and Dressage with her, as well as trail riding and general western. My mom has done Cavalry reenacting with her, and parade riding. I have two of her offspring, including my half Andalusian gelding.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More in the next post!!

2. luckydragon

Reine (no registered name yet), 2016 filly. She is going to be going to the track when she is older. She will be racing under the name of the breeders I work for (raised her dam). After she is done racing, I'll be retraining her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Petals of Glory, 2012, 15.2 hh, off track mare. She is my mom's mare that came off the track due to a surprise pregnancy. She hasn't started her training, but will in the spring/after her foal is weaned (late baby). My mom will be training her for general all-round riding.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dakota Wrangler, 2010, 15.2 hh, off track mare. She is my sister's mare. They ride both English and Western, but no specific discipline. She's learning to be an all-round horse, and is doing very well at it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More in the next post!

Renie, SkyeTiger, equinitis and 2 others like this.
  3. luckydragon

Dusty Rose, 2016 filly. She is a surprise baby out of Petals. We are getting her DNA checked to the stallion we suspect as her sire. If she is by that stallion, she will be registered and will race when she is older. After racing we will decide to either keep her or retrain to sell.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ks Awesome Miracle, 2015, gelding. He's not actually mine, but I'm training him and will be getting him when he's done racing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. GentleGiant1

GentleGiant1 Full Member

Here's my 4 yr old dapple grey OTTB. I purchased him as my RRP dressage prospect. His sire is Ghostzapper, and his dam is Princess Deelite. Registered name is Afternoon Ghost, and his barn name is Bentley. He's got an amazing attitude and great manners.

Attached Files:

5. luckydragon

That is a great program! I did it last year and had lots of fun. Good luck with your training! I'm looking forward to seeing how your horse progresses. He looks like a very nice boy!

GentleGiant1 likes this.
  6. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

Always love your pics :) I prefer my mounts under 14h, so no TBs here. My first horse was one, though. I had him from 2/8/97 until it was his time to cross the bridge a couple years ago.

wpgrider and luckydragon like this.
  7. Friesiangirl

Friesiangirl Senior Member

I leave for a little bit and you've collected half of Canter's Facebook page.

8. fennecfox

fennecfox Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My 8yo OTTB gelding.

9. luckydragon

Thanks! You and your short horses, with the one odd one out! :D That's hard to lose them. At least he had a good home with you. :)

Hahahaha almost!! You should see the corrals and pastures full of horses at the ranch where I work. We've got 3 stallions (one is leaving soon yay!), about 40+ broodmares, 20+ racehorses, 16 coming 2 year olds, 20 weanlings, and expecting foals from almost all of the mares. All I seem to do is feed horses, and try to get more sold!:eek::faint: (Before I get too attached to any more!) I didn't even post my two TB crosses (TB/Andalusian and TB/QH) or my mom's Appendix/Andalusian gelding.

10. luckydragon

I always like seeing pictures of your boy! :)

GentleGiant1 and fennecfox like this.