Show Shirt

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by jojozwiebel, Mar 7, 2018.

1. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

There's an old trick I learned many years ago....tuck your shirt tails into your underwear and it helps to keep your shirt tucked. But of course if the shirt tails aren't long enough and your undergarments are bikini, lo-rise or otherwise it might not work.

kodemiester likes this.
  2. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

My long torso daughter has the staying tucked in problem, and we had a local seamstress sew a add on shirt tail in a close match to color to keep it tucked in. It doesn’t show , because the longer add on piece keeps it in place.

kodemiester and mooselady like this.
  3. Rye9

Rye9 Full Member

I just bought a lot of scarves off Ebay. 7 scarves for $10 -- I don't like all of them but it's still a good deal. I would look at thrift stores, too. I think scarves are pretty easy in that you just kind of need to have the right color scheme going on -- once you roll them up the actual pattern doesn't matter too much.

kodemiester and bobo and horses like this.
  4. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

Can you send me the link for these shirts please?

spec and RusticR like this.
  5. Mule.girl

Mule.girl Senior Member

I will say at the ranch shows I have been to I have seen mainly traditionally button up not zip. Always check out e-bay as well I got two cute solid colored ranch shirts there and the neck ties to match and contrast. I typically wear a L or XL for the long arms and bigger bust.

6. jojozwiebel

jojozwiebel Full Member

Ranch is so hard to dress for! I want to be unique and stand out, but I can't be too flashy. I was thinking white shirt, black chaps, and a patterned pad. Wanting to spend $20-50 max on a pad. I liked the blue pad and I'd be able to use it in other classes without looking too "ranchy" but I don't know if it's too fancy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018