Show Season 2019 (AQHA - goals, pics, and progress thread)

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by EnglishRider234, Jan 22, 2019.

1. EnglishRider234

EnglishRider234 Senior Member

So my show season has already started. I showed last month and that kicked off my state points. I am from Indiana. We have QH shows just about once a month. (Some months squeeze two in there) My plan is to hit every show this year, Novice Championship East in Ohio, NSBA World Show in Oklahoma, and QH Congress in Ohio.

Here's some info for those of you who don't know me or Rhett:

Rhett is my 2014 gelding. Due to many unforseen circumstances I did not really start working him until his late 3, early 4 y/o year. Last year (his 4 y/o year) was his first year showing and hauling. We showed W/T and Showmanship. This last December I decided he was ready for lope/canter classes. We ended up circuit champions in showmanship and equitation at that show. (Our indoor shows are very competitive)

I am a long time rider. I did 4-H and open shows until my senior year of high school when I dabbled in some AQHA shows. I didn't show much again until summer 2017 when I had an AWESOME gelding. We were undefeated in equitation at Indiana QH shows that year, and were finalists at the congress. (pilot error in my finals go around) This will be my last year as a novice in my best classes so I want to make the best of it!

Rhett and I are currently leading Indiana in L1 Amateur Showmanship and Equitation.

2019 Goals:
    1. Win Indiana high-point L1 Amateur showmanship
    2. Top ten L1 Amateur Showmanship nationally
    3. Finalist in one of my classes at novice championship (ranch riding, showmanship, equitation)
    4. Win an L1 amateur all-around title at any show
    Sorry this post is so long, I wanted to get everyone acquainted with Rhett and I! Here are a few pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

How exciting! I'm novicing out this year in showmanship (maybe others but I doubt it)...and since it's one of my main point-earner classes for high point, I doubt I'll win more high points for novice after this year. We gotta make it count! How's Rhett bred? My horse is also a 2014 model. I look forward to reading more posts about your progress, and am jealous you're already showing this year!!

kodemiester and EnglishRider234 like this.
  3. EnglishRider234

His dam is an own daughter of A Sudden Impulse. His sires side is nothing crazy, it he’s definitely bred for all around pattern type stuff.

We leave for a show tomorrow and compete Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Will be back with pics and updates!

4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Have fun at the show!!

5. EnglishRider234

We earned Circuit Champion in equitation this weekend! For non breed-show people they combine placings from every day the class was shown and the person with the highest total gets circuit. At this show we had 6 judges.

The only other class we did was showmanship and it went less than stellar. I was definitely not proud of that hot mess. BUT at least I know that was not a typical performance for us and we will bounce back at the next one in March! It was a long 4 days, I'm certainly happy to be home. Rhett was excited to be outside again as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

Congrats! I am so jealous that you're showing already! I won't start til June...I'm going stir crazy and haven't really ridden my horse since October. :( I'll live vicariously through you for the next few months!!

7. EnglishRider234

I am so lucky to have a super nice indoor show facility less than an hour away! Kathy Avolt (an equine production) holds a bunch of NICE shows there over the winter.

kodemiester and Dream27 like this.
  8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Congratulations!!!

9. stardozer

stardozer Senior Member+

Awesome!! How far is it from where you live to Oklahoma and Ohio? Do you have to stay in a hotel? Do you have YouTube or instagram?

10. EnglishRider234

Oklahoma is probably 9 hrs from me. Ohio is about 2-3 depending on where I am going. I do stay in a hotel. My horse instagram is SuddenlyItsPayback_AQHA