1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Show Name?

Discussion in 'Horse Names' started by Rebukah13, Dec 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Things are different in Australia where Chester is from, not trying to give you grief just saying she was accurate in relation to her area. I'd just let it alone, but that's me on the name.

pamnbam likes this.
  2. Rebukah13

Rebukah13 Registered

Didn't mean to start an argument. Looking back and rereading your post I can see it from your standpoint (Chester). Reading a post online can be difficult to correctly differentiate advice from criticism. I apologize for my assumption.

As for the name changes, I am aware of the rules and the horse in question has never been shown at an AQHA show. He has only been shown in open shows for halter and I will attest to the fact that he for sure did not place anything fancy. I plan on showing him this summer more exclusively and that is why I am hoping to change his name by March. I know the importance of a show name and if he were older and was shown excessively then I would never change the name. It has value. Also if the name was more descriptive of his breeding then I would leave it alone as well. Sorry for the long speech. Just wanted to clear some things up.

bobo and horses and Chester like this.
  3. DelP

DelP Senior Member

Looked up his pedigree on Allbreed. What about

Heza Dun Good
    Dun Cashed In

Rebukah13 likes this.
  4. savethewhaley

savethewhaley Full Member

@DelP Can you find all horses on Allbreed? Tried to use it once, ended up confused. :p

5. DelP

DelP Senior Member

Someone has to have taken the time to put it in, but Allbreed is open to note the pedigree of any horse. If a horse isn't in there you can add it yourself

It is also as accurate as the person who put it in so you always need to double check with the registry or on the actual papers if you are buying for bloodlines.

6. savethewhaley

@DelP Ah, okay. I was just wondering because I like to look at the TB's pedigrees when I get them in. Thanks.

DelP likes this.
  7. DelP

DelP Senior Member

I love to look at STB pedigrees in Allbreed because it makes it so easy to trace back to the greats.

8. savethewhaley

@DelP Just got the absolute sweetest TB mare I've ever had come in: funny to find she wasn't related to any of the 'greats' in TB racing. Kind of makes me wonder- lol