Show me your western spurs!

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by ofauxaffliction, Oct 22, 2014.

1. abarton0819

abarton0819 Full Member

I'm not talking about using spurs for finesse. That is a whole different ball game. That is not a horse that "has" to be ridden in spurs like I was talking about. I do still have to say that practice makes perfect and I know quite a few judges that really appreciate a horse that can maintain self carriage without them. It's one of those degree of difficulty things that come with time and miles. :)

2. Ronaldo aguiar

Ronaldo aguiar Registered

Evie Equis likes this.
  3. Ronaldo aguiar

Ronaldo aguiar Registered

So i have a pair of Chilean gaucho spurs from Chile, trying to sell them as i have no use for them, wondering if someone knows what would be a good price
    I have this set of Chilean gaucho spurs, never used, i have no use for them and trying to sell them, what would be a good price? Need help! 20170127_103139.jpg

4. Riosdad

Riosdad Full Member

My spurs are hand made by me from heavy quality stainless steel
    The part around the boot is rolled to match the boot they are going on so the fit is nice, not too snug but not too loose to allow bouncing
    Always a small chain is attached going under the sole of the boot and the strap is done up tight to again stop any bounce
    I do not like the sound the rowel on the floor so all spurs just get an english style of rounded end
    The end is attached at an angle so the boot doesn't need to be turned
    My legs are long so they hand below the horse and a simple back and slight raise of the leg engages the spur
    I like weight to a spur, none of this flimsy light weight poor quality stuff for me
    I like to feel a quality spur, one that is snug to the boot and not make a sound when you walk
    I have no pictures but I could not ride without them. Take away my bridle before taking my spur

5. TheBigGreyMoose

TheBigGreyMoose Senior Member

Wow those are beautiful! I probably wouldn't use those on my horses but those are a work of art!

6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship.. I'm sure for collection they're worth quite a bit. Not interested as I've no use for them, but I'd look on eBay and see how you might price them, or put them in our classified section. Very nice.

7. EnglishRider234

EnglishRider234 Senior Member

[​IMG]

I do the all-around AQHA stuff... pretty much everyone in the barn wears clover leaf spurs also.

mooselady likes this.
  8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

They're pretty @EnglishRider234 very nice. Mine are also clover leaf, not quite as fancy

[​IMG][/URL]

9. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Old thread, but I'll jump in.

These are my show spurs and straps:
    Spurs.JPG
    Straps.jpg
    Sorry the pics are so big!! I also have 2 pair of plain polished steel with a longer shanks....my everyday spur.

10. RosasCantina

RosasCantina Full Member

My spurs are boring compared to what others have posted just little bumper spurs :)

Attached Files: