Should I quit my riding school?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by TBgirl, Jul 28, 2004.

1. TBgirl

TBgirl Registered

My trainer is so rude. She thinks that my thoroughbred mare belongs to her! If Skylar (my horse) wont move over she takes her dressage whip and smacks her as hard as she can and I tell her not to do it but all she says is " thats the way we work here!" please help I am sick of my horse being whiped

2. Madeline

Madeline Senior Member

If you don't like her and don't agree with her training methods, by all means, change instructors or move!

3. TBgirl

TBgirl Registered

Just one question... I shaved Skylar down and there are whip marks on her could I sue my trainer?

4. Blistering Winds

Blistering Winds Senior Member+

No, not unless there is physical injury to where she cannot perform.

5. thrghbrdrder

thrghbrdrder Senior Member

BW is right. is there another trainer at the stables that you could go to? if not, then defenently change places.

6. Super_Trooper

Super_Trooper Senior Member+

I know how you feel, I am a softie when it comes to hitting or whiping horses. When I need to use reinforsement, I tap him!

7. Expressa

Expressa Senior Member+

Thats sounds like me especially when is comes to Expressa. She has me wrapped around her finger or hoof (haha) and she knows it. Seriously, its pretty pathetic... to the point that I don't walk out to see her w/ out hiding some treats in my pockets for her. She usually minds me extremely well but she she doesn't I can't bring myself to hit her, I just lightly tap her and I think she's so stunned that I'm not kissing or hugging her that it usually works. And if I see someone else hit her my face turns red and my blood boils... I think that is literally the fastest way to make me mad.
    If I were you I'd find someone else and I'd even go let her know why you are leaving. If I were you it would have taken every bit of strength not to take the whip and smack her on the rump w/ it... (lol... oops did I say that;) ).
    Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

8. AmericanCowgirl

AmericanCowgirl Full Member

If i were you, i'd switch trainers! If you have told her not to hit your horse and she keeps doing it anyway, then id start looking for another trainer.

9. SunBun

SunBun Senior Member+

you should move only if you think it would be in the best interest of you and your horse. Try to find another place that people voice a good opinion of

10. Super_Trooper

Super_Trooper Senior Member+

Expressa, we are the same. You should see me with all my animals, if someone even looks at them the wrong way i get defensive. Buddy is a good horse, but spoiled.