Short people please help me find riding boots

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by hobbit, Apr 7, 2011.

1. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

I'm fed up of always wearing ankle boots and chaps, and really want long boots suitable for short wide leg...but can I find any! No...

So, does anyone know any specific makes/sites etc that cater for short people...I bought a short long boot, but was too long still!

The max height would have to be 15" (about 385mm)...calf would have to be around 15"...I know my legs are wide...should lose weight, then atleast the kids ones would be perfect!!

2. FancyASB

FancyASB Senior Member+

I'm 4'10" and also have bigger calves. I looked forever and could never find slip on tall boots to fit. What I did (this is not for shows just riding around) I bought a used pair at a consignment store, zip ups. I took them to a leather/shoe repair guy who cut off the excess on top and put elastic stretch on each side of the zipper. Finally I had a pair I could wear. He did tell me if I ever wanted to have a "nice" pair made he could cut a pattern off the used pair I had. This was some time ago and I do not remember the cost but it wasn't too bad.

3. aqhaktberry3

aqhaktberry3 Senior Member

I am short and had some trouble finding tall boots and then I found some Dublin ones! They were shot and very easy to break in! And the price wasn't bad either! Definitely look into Dublin :)

4. FancyASB

FancyASB Senior Member+

5. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member+

THANK you for posting this!