She Got Gooped

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by MzCarol, Jun 12, 2017.

1. MzCarol

MzCarol Senior Member

I cannot remember when Ayah's tail was really clean (bad mom) but as she's not showing at the moment I don't really worry about white white as long as there isn't anything stuck/caked on it.

Friday the 9th was her birthday :) so we spent some time together and her tail was driving me crazy so we spent some time together in the wash stall!!

Here is the before....I know....disgusting.
    [​IMG]

I slathered her tail with GOOP but didn't go above the tail bone as it's so drying. The GOOP stayed on for almost 15 minutes and then I added Ultra® Enhanced Intense Brightening Shampoo in Stain Removing / Spray-On and hand scrubbed for another 5 minutes.

A good rinse later and we got this :)[​IMG]

There is still staining but it's muuuuuch better than it was.

Catch 22: put her tail up and keep it up so it stays cleaner, but then I don't get to see her beautiful tail when she runs or swishes it in the breeze.

*sigh* First World problem

2. Spoopy_Doopy_Potato

Spoopy_Doopy_Potato Full Member

What a pretty tail!
    I have trouble keeping Mav's red tail clean. Can't imagine white. >.< Pistol's mane is never white... XD

MzCarol and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

Mares are gross. :sick: Mine had white gunk in her mostly black tail. Yuck.

Good job with the Goop! Good picture proof that it works really well (y)

4. apndi

apndi Senior Member

Thank god both of my horses have red tails. I'm anal about grooming and staining. Im not sure I could handle a light colored horse or one with a lot of white!

5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Looks good and a bit of work too. I'd only do this pre show as they're always a mess in progress. Good luck keeping her clean. ;)

6. MzCarol

MzCarol Senior Member

She is such a messy mare but I usually concentrate on keeping the backs of her legs clean for obvious reasons. She loves her mineral block and thus drinks a lot of water which can make for cow patties. It's really kinda funny when she goes to pee and all the geldings step away HAHAHA Most of the time she sports an ombre tail that if brushed out nice looks like it's supposed to be that way LOL

When she starts showing it'll probably be more up than down to save her hair and time.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Wow - nice! I love GOOP, too. Thanks for the tip on that Ultra product...I may have to try it.. My mare also stains the bottom of her tail...ugh

MzCarol likes this.
  8. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Goop is on the list of must buys for Charm. I can't wait to give her a bath so I can take some good pictures of her.

But my God, the price has gone up. It used to be about $50 for a 1 gallon jug. Amazon Canada has it for $171.30. Yikes!!

9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Good job on the Gooping, looks great.

MzCarol likes this.
  10. MzCarol

MzCarol Senior Member

Are you sure you're looking at the right stuff? I've never heard of it coming in a jug, just a tub. Here is an Amazon link
    Amazon.com: Goop Hand Cleaner, Laundry Stain Lifter, 14 Ounce: Health & Personal Care

It's more expensive on Amazon. I get it at Walmart for under $4 a tub.