She Be Jammin

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by button13, Mar 5, 2011.

1. button13

button13 Full Member

2. Fadjurneeka

Fadjurneeka Senior Member

First and foremost - She Be Jammin certainly is one of the best Half-Arabian mares out there as you know. :)

In the event that you purchase an embryo it may be best to consider looking at proven nicks between her and certain stallions. What has she produced with x stallion? What do you plan on using the foal for? Do you want something that can trot?

Baske Afire would be a good choice should you want a horse with a lot of action and trot. It was a cross that was done twice so I'd imagine the owner of the mare put a lot of stock into it. The result was wonderful not once but twice.

Monogramm JD produced one heck of a nice filly with one of her daughters so I'd look into him and others who are similarly bred if that is your cup of tea.

Seems to me like there is a trend for breeding her to nice trotting stallions though. So unless you want to try something new - I wouldn't veer from that path if that is what your aim is. ;)

3. button13

button13 Full Member

I love all of the SBF stallions :D

4. Rumonek

Rumonek Senior Member

I was to purchase a She Be Jammin half-sister (same sire- Phi) last year. She is still offered for sale. Such a wonderful mare with a BEAUTIFUL personality and is a great producer- has produced two EP champs.

I love the Phi horses- all that I have met have had wonderful people pleasing personalities. And, of course, they were lookers.

5. button13

button13 Full Member

I think she's a lovely mare. The only thing I could think of changing about her is adding a wee bit more refinement to her head, other than that she is pretty much the perfect mare. :rolleyez:

6. windblown

windblown Senior Member

Beautiful mare! If you haven't seen her in person, you need to try. Ashley & Allyssa are great, so I know they'd be happy to show her to you. I saw her in person (and was actually at the presentation in that video, lol), and ohhh my that neck! And you're right on about her head...It's the only thing I'd fault on her (and most of her babies, actually, so it's something she DOES tend to pass on).

My favorite out of her is Chance to Jam, so I'd be looking into his sire or something similarly bred (he's by Chances Are, so think Bey Shah horses). She's been bred to Baske Afire twice, and I do like She Be Adiva, but I don't hear good temperament things about the Baske Afire horses, so I'd avoid that. JMO :)

I'd consider Showkayce or maybe Its Sshowtime. I absolutely LOVE He Be Showy, which is a grandson of hers by Showkayce (he's out of She Be Noble, one of THREE foals out of Jammin by Noble Lord). That horse could pass as a purebred! You'd be getting that Bey Shah I mentioned through that cross, too ;)

7. Fadjurneeka

Agreed on the head. I am weird about wanting to see a refined head on any horse then again. Chances Are is a horse that can make me drool any day of the week.

8. button13

button13 Full Member

We have had two Baske Afires that are like kittens, and one was a stud. :wink: The little mare we have out of him is as lazy as can be, and has the most amazing mind, but every horse is different :)

9. button13

button13 Full Member

Me too. Some of the half-arab heads out there...YIPES. I love DA Valentino but I think that has been her worse cross. I don't like the looks of that foal at all. :no: I really like what her daughters have produced out of Justify, so maybe he is an option. :p

10. Fadjurneeka

Ha, some of the purebreds have heads like donkeys. I've seen some scary stuff at my Class A local shows. I was thinking that as well - Justify. Some of the Bey Shah stuff really tends to move pretty and have extension. I may be a bit biased having a Bey Shah/Magnum Psyche grandson then again.