Seminole Feeds Wellness Calm & Cool ....

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by *Foxy*Hunter*, Dec 10, 2008.

1. *Foxy*Hunter*

*Foxy*Hunter* Senior Member

2. Dawn

Dawn Senior Member+

What is he currently being fed? How's his weight, etc...?

3. *Foxy*Hunter*

4. PeggySue

PeggySue Senior Member+

why dont' you go with the Seminole Equilizer??

5. LateralFlexion

LateralFlexion Senior Member+

What do you mean by hyper? Are you sure it is a diet issue or could it be a training issue.

My one mini is a total maniac when he is in the field playing with other horses. You would think he was entered in the Kentucky Derby. But once I come in and put a halter on him, he is a total gentleman..relaxed, calm, yawning..etc.

6. PeggySue

PeggySue Senior Member+

it is very likely that the feed is PART of the issue with corn right up close the NSC is most likely HIGH...

7. shawnee1020

shawnee1020 Senior Member+

I don't use that particular product, But I do feed Seminole Equalizer, and Seminole EquiSafe Forage, And have been having great results.

PeggySue likes this.
  8. *Foxy*Hunter*

Since I lost my riding nerve, I walk Sin down the road so we can both get exersice. He constantly spooks ... at everything. He apparently scared himself by seeing his shadow :rolleyez:. I don't think hyper is what I was trying to describe, but was the only one that came to mind.

9. LateralFlexion

LateralFlexion Senior Member+

Well, this is more of a training issue. A diet high in starch/corn will certainly exacerbate the issue, but it won't cause it. Specifically it is an issue with leadership. When you are clearly the leader, your horse won't feel the need to get spooked. They will have the confidence that whenever they are in your presence they will be taken care of.

Imagine yourself as a small child, in the house alone, it is dark and storming outside. You hear a noise. It sounds like an intruder! Agh....

Now, imagine the same situation only you are holding hands with your parents. Not so scary anymore is it?

Same situation, same noises, same house, same storm.....but the difference is that you had someone who you trusted to protect you from harm.

10. Dawn

Dawn Senior Member+

How much of the Leisure 12 is he getting? The Calm & Cool is definately a step up from that. But there might be a more suitable product for him as well.