Schleese Western Saddles

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by mooselady, Mar 12, 2019.

1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

2. Caoimhe

Caoimhe Senior Member

I know someone who bought one... it was SO awkward looking and meh to ride in. I really, really wasn’t a fan of how it looked or fit on the horse. (I know, looks aren’t important, but goodness it was bad to me)

She’s already trying to sell it... unsuccessfully.

3. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Yes I have. Odd is all I can say. I just don’t like the concept. Getting those panels on evenly is pretty much an impossible feat.....I tried. I would like to know if they have the trees adjusted from the start the same way as their english ones. I suspect they do though & that's why I was struggling to much.

Caoimhe likes this.
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Good to know.

5. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

Holy spit those are expensive!

You could get a full custom handmade got that kind of money! Maybe even less money. Wow.

mooselady likes this.
  6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

And I have a feeling that is the way we will have to go

7. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

I'm not familiar with their western saddles but I'm not a fan of their English saddles at all. I know some people swear by them but I have never sat in one that I liked at all. Too much padding, no feel of the horse under me, and I don't like their philosophy that basically no one but one of their people can fit my saddle.

It's a saddle. Get over yourself. (Schleese people, not you Moosey :p )

Baboo and mooselady like this.
  8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

It’s never just a saddle!!!!

9. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

GOOD LORD what makes them able to list them at such a high price? Personally I don't think a big price tag equals quality every time. A friend of mine recently spent over 6K on a custom DK and she can't even use it. Its so twisted, her trainer that also works with the rep that ordered the saddle, doesn't like the saddle either. The rep couldn't get it to fit right and just shrugged and said "Thats the way its suppose to be". It looks cheap as hell and was so expensive!

10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Todays stupid question.... @Rhythm 'n Blues, @hamerface and anyone else who wants to make fun of me..

I was sitting here thinking about custom saddles, and thinking well I LOVE my Reinsman, from the first time I sat in it, I loved it. I look at the options and think, I want everything that the Reinsman is, only to fit Chuck...so can a person take my saddle apart, and rebuild it on a tree that fits Chuck?

I mean ideally you could buy a super dooper pad that conforms to the horses back, and the saddle, making every saddle fit!!