Say Whaaa... Oral syringes

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by CJ, Jul 13, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Senior Member

An elec-tech friend of mine was helping do an office move/ cleanout, and was given a mostly full box of unused oral syringes. They are 60 ml, plastic, with a fairly wide "Toomey tip" by Kendall or Tyco.
    Its a lot like this 35 ml. I have about a dozen, unused, original box stored and in capped containers.
    Id say Good for oral supplements, rinses, or crushed pill drenches that usually clog smaller oral syringes. Weightwise they shouldnt be much to ship, cost may be in a small box or protective bubble mailer. BO has a couple, so doesnt need more, dozen would just get dusty. Housekept at the moment, clean and in interior conditioned space. Let me know who can use one/ some.
    [​IMG]

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

They're like 89 cents each. Not worth shipping them. See if anyone local wants them on CL.

3. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Maybe theyll hold quarters lol.

manesntails likes this.
  4. D_BaldStockings

D_BaldStockings Senior Member

Local rescue or 4-h or other club, I think.

5. CJ

CJ Senior Member

BO Is the local rescue. Legitimately, 501c3 and all..
    They take ones in that need to be fed, but they rarely need to be forcefed anything. Even setting some aside for them / there, theres some (most) left.

6. Equestrian Miss

Equestrian Miss Senior Member

What about a wildlife sanctuary? They always need stuff like this to forcefeed baby animals separated from mom.

CJ likes this.
  7. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Thats a pretty good idea, and there is an AS nearby... these are pretty big, 60 ml is @ 2 oz, lil bigger than the pic above.

Equestrian Miss likes this.
  8. tlkidding

tlkidding Senior Member

I would actually take a few of them. I've tried ordering them online and they ended up sending regular syringes with tips for needles. And my vet charges like $8 for a 60 mL. If you still have any in the wrapper, I'd take up to 5? Ship to 53717. I think I can do PayPal.

9. CJ

CJ Senior Member

They arent wrapped but come in their own capped cases/ tubes. Snug lids, that 1st opening takes a lil doing/ energy, then is easier.

10. tlkidding

tlkidding Senior Member

Right, I remember now - plastic tubes with a cap. If you are willing, I'd pay a dribble for 5 or fewer and shipping.