Saddles for Sight

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by CJ, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Any chance you'd be willing to trade for a western saddle?

As far as purchasing goes, I just got a quote for my son's dental work...buying is suddenly out of the picture. :cry:

2. CJ

CJ Senior Member

I have nothing against western :D
    I had the only warmblood in the state that I know of that did western pleasure, placeably decently. :cool:

Alsosusieq2 and Faster Horses like this.
  3. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Ever sold a PDN and miss it? BO was given a Lovely soft, looks new PrixD this weekend. I thought it might be a Sovereign and was a lil shocked to see PRix- D- N still Clearly visible on the under flap in original gold print. Theres old ID in magic marker in the channel, other than that, this looks off the rack new, but is soft without being marred, let alone beaten up. Add girth & stirrups & go show.. Spring tree. 17".
    The other one looked like a no name at first, til I found the tag under the nearside skirt flap- Campbell, made in England. Im not very familiar with that make but I seem to recall its pretty good? Leather stirrup action had marred the color on the flaps, but Im thinking & hoping a good conditioning will reduce if not fix that. Darker brown than the PDN. Also 17" flat flap.
    Two pairs of leather boots, 1 field, 1 dress, look like @ size 7. 10" soles toe to heel, and my 7 1/2-8 sneakers are 10 1/2".
    The dress boots, are Vogels :eek: :D , semi custom I think, as not sized or named. Normal diameter calf (havent measured yet). Really nice condition, still show quality I think with just a quick polish. $100 I think.

BO has wanted me to meet a man whos riding a new horse dressage. She also thought he might need a saddle to show in. He happened to be there when I picked up the new donations, to clean. And he showed me the saddle he currently uses. Crosby, Prix St George, tape over the make label had size 17 1/12 written on it, looked familiar. Some light scratching on the seat :D He did indeed get it "from the x-shop". Its the PSG donated from the barn closure that was "completely disgusting" originally from neglect, and dust, and a small town of unrelated spiders. Cleaned up nice, back in action, appreciated and well kept. That was nice to see (y) :D.

mooselady and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. CJ

CJ Senior Member

I ran a tape measure around inside the shaft of the Vogel boots and got 11...maybe just short of 12"

*hmm so the calf/leg part is not quite a foot.. ;) :X3:

5. CJ

CJ Senior Member

As hoped and expected, a good conditioning, and trace amounts of brown Scuff Magic made the Campbells leather action rubs essentially go away. Almost 100% while the conditioning was fresh, more like 80% now that its sat for a while, week+. Lovely little saddle, really nice now that the color is evened out.
    No surprises cleaning the PDN, which required little more than a wipe down really. Go & Show condition imo.
    Now I just need to find where some flat-flap fans are hiding these days.. :whistle:

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. Serenity06

Serenity06 Senior Member

I’m looking for a 16.5-17” close contact/jump saddle with a medium to medium wide gullet and rear gussets. Attempting to stay at $500 or under... Happen to have anything?

7. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Sorry I havent been on, other than watching sidelined from my phone, which wont let me play along.
    I have medium +- gullets but nothing with changeable gullet, or gussets. In the cc jump department, the PDN is lovely and the Hunterdon is a deal, but intentionally and originally two tone seat/ flap leathers. I have a padded flap HDR also show quality, I think its 16.5..

8. CJ

CJ Senior Member

The HDR is sold, made someone a nice 12/25 gift I think (y) :D