Saddles for Sight

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by CJ, Sep 29, 2014.

1. CJ

CJ Senior Member

NIce. Got a vvv lightly used 16" HDR Advantage cc, outgrown consignment. Hardly a mark on it and a quick wipe with just Lexol made that go away. Not priced yet but Im thinking it looks easily worth 1/2 the price of a New one. Opinions? If it can pull $300, we/BOR stands to make something. Nice wide/ MW gullet. Small Kneerolls. Stock shot below, but comparable/ same. I was so into my lil oily investigation of it I forgot to take pics, before or after. :oops:
    *sat in it; sweet. Flatter than I like but Comfy.
    [​IMG]

2. Greta Mars

Greta Mars Full Member

I would ask $250 for it depending on the condition. HDR saddles are really nice but if it is that model it is less than $1000 new.

3. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Looks like $500 (495) to $625 new, depending on site? Condition is extraordinary, without exaggerating. Closest thing it has to a 'ding' is theres a brass saddle plate on the cantle, and even thats discreet & small, nicely done. Billet guard info is clearly legible. No question, ready to go to a show in.

4. Greta Mars

Greta Mars Full Member

Usually once a saddle leaves the retail store it is worth considerably less. That is why you see some saddles that are new for $100-500 off. You are probably a better judge than I am with being able look at the condition. Also please text me pictures of it I might know someone who is interested.

5. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Thanks. Will do. Hopefully I can get them tonight.

6. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Bucks County is (authorized to) dropping the prices of the consignments I have there.
    The Baron dressage saddle is $500. 17 1/2", wide tree. Virtually unused despite its age.
    Courbette Stylist 2 (round cantle) $300 M/N tree. CC no kneerolls or pads. 17 1/2". Also unused.

The Baron has gone out a couple times for fit/ trials, but its a legitimate, factory made & marked wide, for my Arabx warmblood, who wasnt massive but 16h & a lil barrelly.. "wellsprung ribs."
    17 1/2 is too big for me, mom ordered the saddle.
    I confirmed with BCS that the Baron doesnt need conditioning, since it was oiled prior to going but theyve had it a while, and they said No, its in great shape.
    The Stylist is beautiful too, just has the bad luck to be a flat flap cc.

7. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Thought maybe the Pessoa I have might be a Jubilee, which BCS claims theirs is, but Ive never seen anything 25ish stamped on it. And tho the rest of the description matched really well, in close comparison, I guess not. Its still a nice NP, dinged and all, so not disappointed. Still available, I'll be sorry to see-that-go.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Swapped texts with someone looking for a wide 17 1/2 dressage, and it came down to they wanted bigger kneerolls; the Baron has 'pencil KRs'. Gah.
    I compared codes on the Pessoas and it really looks like mine is only Slightly older than the Jubillee, really really close.
    The HDR is lovely, 1" too small for me to use though.
    The CC Collegiate patched up all right. Its under the edges of the split, so not quite a nice as the fitted pessoa patch, but comfortable and seems to be holding. Good for a cheap type-test or training saddle. Super supple when conditioned.
    Hunterdon
    Prix St George
    Courbette cc Combination
    Stubben Athos. all available. All indoors. Several living comfortably in my house, and all get conditioned at times, even if they have to be pulled off consignment for a few days.
    Selling a couple at least made it possible to get FRM some meds. Her anti-biotics were a couple hundred $, for a 30 day supply.

9. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Tack shop has an acceptable offer in on the P. ST George. Someones getting a Deal if it stays gone. (y)

10. CJ

CJ Senior Member

PSG was back or still there Saturday so its not officially gone yet, or going after all. :oops: