1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Saddles for Sight

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by CJ, Sep 29, 2014.

1. CJ

CJ Senior Member

I have an acceptable trade offer in the works for the VSD.

2. CJ

CJ Senior Member

16 1/2" Collegiate flat flap CC came in this weekend. It has @4" of open seam/ seat retreat, but otherwise is solid, cleaned up Nice, and is ridiculously supple. I have a picture of it upside down, and the leather flaps hang like wilted leaves. I will try to patch the SR/ seam, which worked well on the pessoas similar affliction. Not priced yet so open to offers. Great for starter or casual trainer/ 'beater'.

3. Greta Mars

Greta Mars Full Member

thanks for trading with me.:racehrs::wink:

4. Greta Mars

Greta Mars Full Member

Update, the stubben vsd arrived in perfect condition. I would do buisness with cj again 10/10.

5. CJ

CJ Senior Member

I have Gretas (former) County Competitor dressage saddle. Its Lovely and if it was more AP Id keep it. But I have the Baron & Prix St George already for sale, so its in good company. 17", #3 tree, no marks, no seat-retreat. Consigned @$750 but open to offers.

6. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Acceptable offer in on the cute 15" dressage saddle (y)
    [​IMG]

7. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Gretas former Collegiate with kneepads has also gone out on trial, and the shop people are fairly confident "it wont be back" (y).

Shop has lost confidence that they can sell the 18" Kieffer (Munchen not Koof) so I have that back. It was in desperate need of conditioning again anyhow, but cleaned up beautifully. It had a high perch on the rack and warm air and tile dust had it looking like it had been 'run over' or 'dragged behind' something :(. $100 + shipping gets it a new home. Was asking 200. Has a worn-out spot on one flap edge from stirrupleather abrasion, but no seat retreat. Local cobbler confirmed its Tight, just worn.

8. ghost horse

ghost horse Senior Member

can you repost a picture of the Kieffer?

9. CJ

CJ Senior Member

BO was given a slow stock consignment, a 16 1/2 Courbette Combination cc, like this *but not this one.
    It appears to be UNUSED, no marks on or below.
    Its said to be and appears to be fairly NARROW, 4" between the gullet pads at the Ds.
    Was consigned between 300-$400, BO open to offers, reasonable preferably.
    I have it, but not a pic of it yet. It doesnt Look like it needs cleaning/ conditioning but Im sure a rubdown will do it some good after sitting on the consignment rack.

upload_2016-12-12_14-45-15.jpeg

10. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Santa picked up the 16" no name Thornhill lookalike for a lil girl on his Nice list.
    It cleaned up beautifully and has new stirrup leathers and almost new stirrups and leather girth, and fleecy waffletop pad.
    $100 fitted out.