SaddleBox/ Gift Box Idea

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by barrel_racer64, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Selling Horsey Gift/Goodie Boxes

1. Gift/goodie box is a great idea! Its the kind of thing I would buy!

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Dumb idea, I would never buy one

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Cool idea, but don't think it would work

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

That's kind of why I was originally considering it. The "serious" horse person might not buy it on a regular basis, but I thought it might be a decent idea people who are looking for a "horsey gift". I was thinking "cheaper" but useful things like treats, hoof picks, lead ropes, brushes, etc.

I would definitely want to put higher quality stuff in them. Any suggestions on what unique things you would want to see in them?

I was just looking at a 3-1 hoof pick that had the scraper on it! I don't know what kind of quality they are, but Horseloverz has them!

I was thinking about treats, leather condition/cleaner, and some hoof pick or lead rope type options that are always handy to have an extra hanging around. I'll have to look Unicorn Leather up and see what her recipes look like, thanks!

ginster likes this.
  2. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

There is a girl in my area who is advertising her box weekly. And I've never seen any interest. She's been trying for months.

I personally wouldn't ever buy it. And I wouldn't buy one as a gift either.

Most horse people are quite selective in what they want to purchase. If you could figure out some sort of customized box, I could see that possibility. Where you have multiple items to choose from and they can pick and choose a bit.

But most boxes I see that are smaller companies or individuals doing it don't have much that I'd use, such as random little junk things that all horse people collect, use once, never use again, or items I'd use but are low quality.

Good luck though!

Arem, barrel_racer64 and Circle C like this.
  3. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

The trick is finding the right stuff at the right price!

You could make your own cookies - that would keep costs down & you could give a large amount in each box. Heck if you want to offer options, you could make ones for IR horses, ones with other allergies & different flavor profiles.

I’d suggest trying to find novelty items that are a fun twist on everyday stuff. Just as @DelP suggested. Regardless as to if that person likes it, if they don’t itll likely be regifted - which is still being used. Just people don’t tend to regift the cheap sheet lol.

It’s too bad you could find a way to do a “wine & pony” box.........THAT might be way cooler options. Most ladies with horses are into wine. They like to play with different wines and then you open yourself up to more options to put in the box. Not just useful horsey things, but useful horsey themed wine things. I just feel the overall suggestion/presentation/feelingnin receiving something like that is a bit different than a box of cheap horsey stuff - ya know??

Arem, ginster and NaeNae like this.
  4. barrel_racer64

The key would definitely be finding fun but useful items that are good quality.

I have thought about making the cookies myself. I'm trying to see if there is a realistic balance between adding more "stuff" to my life that is worth the extra time and money, or just making myself crazy:rofl::rofl: Quality products would definitely be key though.

I think the "Wine & Pony" box is a great idea! But I'll have to leave that to someone else to explore and enjoy. I'm a non-alcohol person and don't want anything to do with the stuff on any level. I can definitely see the appeal it would have though!

All in all, I'm still thinking its probably going to be more hassle than I'll end up wanting to mess with :rofl:

Arem and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.
  5. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Maybe offer a selection of things a person could have included in a gift box. I have seen gift boxes, not equine but still gift boxes, where a person could select one item from each of several categories to include in a gift box.
    So have a treats category, grooming category, basics category (lead ropes and such), jewelry, t-shirts, books, etc.

I would buy something like this if I could "build my own box" I think.

ginster likes this.
  6. barrel_racer64

I did think about that, but wasn't sure if it would just over complicate things:rofl:

7. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Complicating simple things is my forte according to my husband. Lol

ginster likes this.
  8. barrel_racer64

Oh, mine too for sure! My mother has been more vocal about it than my husband, but I have to stop myself and re-evaluate on a regular basis:rolleyes::rofl:

9. stardozer

stardozer Full Member

Equestrian Bliss gets awesome stuff.

10. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Dark horse wine! Their Rose is fantastic.