Saddle Fit Opinions

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Twistedbeauty, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Twistedbeauty

Twistedbeauty Full Member

IMG_7529.JPG IMG_7530.JPG IMG_7531.JPG IMG_7533.JPG IMG_7535.JPG okay, still on the search for a new saddle and still learning, so what are the good and bad fits of this saddle? (view my other recent saddle fit post to see the other saddle) this saddle is on trial and I don't think I'm going to buy it with how narrow the gullet channel is, and the uneven panels.

2. palogal

palogal Senior Member

Is one panel longer than the other?

3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

That saddle belongs in the garbage. Looks dried out and twisted. Don't buy any saddle that has not been impecably cared for .

It's also too wide.

Larkspade and Twistedbeauty like this.
  4. palogal

palogal Senior Member

Well yeah, what manes said. That too. I'm all for going inexpensive, but that thing is crap.

Twistedbeauty likes this.
  5. Twistedbeauty

Twistedbeauty Full Member

Yep, the left is slightly shorter

6. palogal

palogal Senior Member

That's because it's twisted. Hard pass on that one. I have a couple of APs for sale if you're interested that are not uber expensive. PM me if you like.

7. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

If you already know that the channel is too narrow and the panels are uneven, why are you asking about the fit?

When you have a saddle with too narrow a channel, it will sit “on top of the horse” and not sit around them. So that along is going to affect everything else about the way it fits. One can’t say “well it would fit great if the channel was wider”. And when you have 1 panel as drastically different than the other, again, it’s going to lay on the horse in a very weird and wonky way.

I really think you should save your pennies and get the help of a saddle fitter. Given the saddles options that you’ve shown, I know you’re budget isn’t large, but you are going to cost yourself more money in the long run with vet, massage & chiro fees if you keep looking at pieces of junk like the 2 you’ve posted. Seriously, both saddles are only fit to be decor items or live in a trash can or land fill!

mooselady likes this.