Royal Bridles

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Equestrian24, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Equestrian24

Equestrian24 Full Member

Hello,

I really, REALLY don't need another bridle right now, but I like to window shop when I'm bored and have noticed that Royal brand bridles some in so many unique and fun options. I know they're Asian-made, but so are a lot of bridles these days (I have a Harmohn Kraft Americana made in India that I absolutely adore!). The price range makes me think they're probably lower-mid grade, but I've seen and heard mixed reviews about the quality. When the time does come for another bridle, I'd like to know if this is a good brand to consider, because I like the looks of some of their bridles.

A major selling point for me would be a medium to lighter brown leather with the lighter contrasting padding like the Pessoa Legacy bridles and tack (which I wish I would've bought before they were discontinued, along with Harmohn Kraft Americana tack in that color that matches my bridle rather than the dark havana they only sell now!), I absolutely love that color and think it looks great on almost any horse, and matches my saddle. Most of the Royal bridles have this color as an option, which is what caught my attention.

Thank you!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Do a search on here - I wouldn’t take one if it were given to me. Horribly cheap quality & leather.

Alsosusieq2 and Equestrian24 like this.
  3. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

4. Baboo

Baboo Senior Member

I think people have had mixed results with the Royal bridles. I know of a couple of barns in this area that use them for their lesson horses and local showing. They are certainly quite happy with them, considering the price point. Many of them have been in use for a few years and have held up well. The bridles they have are the drum dyed Royal leather. A couple of other riders at one stable purchased the Euro leather, and they actually look nice for the money. No problems with chipping etc. as other posters in the older threads experienced. Not great stuff, but you aren't paying those prices either. Not everyone can pony up $200+ for a bridle.

Equestrian24 and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  5. Equestrian24

Equestrian24 Full Member

Thank you, everyone! I read the Opinions on Royal Sports tack thread though, and yikes! The customer service issues alone make me not want to order. I do like the prices, however! The most expensive bridle I've ever bought was my HK Americana at $200, which is a lot for me and that is my "super nice" bridle. I do have two Crosbys and an AWESOME Equitana Romania (which is really getting up there in age) I love as well, but those are sadly no longer made.

I have also heard that Crosby is now Exselle and have looked into Exselle's tack, but some of their prices seem pretty low for that quality as well. Do any of you have any experience with Exselle and is it really similar to Crosby?