Rossetti Saddles

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Sadiewynn, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Sadiewynn

Sadiewynn Full Member

Hello Everyone!
    I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this/ has experience with this brand? I've never heard of it and I haven't been able to find any reviews which makes me a bit nervous! Thanks!!

Saddles Rossetti, Leather Saddles, Jump Saddles

Sadiewynn

2. Baboo

Baboo Senior Member

From the pics on the website, the saddle choices appear to be very similar to those available from Saint Lourdes Saddlery, also an Argentinian saddle company, although I have no idea if they are linked. The Rossetti saddles also appear to come solely with formed panels.
    I think in Canada at least, the St. Lourdes saddles were marketed as Intec saddles more recently, and are a fairly decent lower end saddle, with overall nice style/comfort and the option for many saddles of wool vs.foam panels, and in some cases with removable/replaceable gullet plates. I know a few people who have had the early St. Lourdes saddles, and liked them - they were also available in several different tree sizes (which I found fit a bit on the narrow side), which allowed for fitting some narrow or wider horses without a big budget. Some of these saddles have been in use for about 6 years now with no issues in wear or problems with the tree. I don't think these saddles are carried by Intec any longer in the US, or by their previous wholesaler in Canada - it is hard to move "unknown" saddles, even for well-known retailers.
    I definitely wouldn't want to buy the Rossetti (or the St. Lourdes/Intec) without being able to see/trial them, as resale can be very difficult with a relatively unknown saddle maker. I think you would be better served by searching instead for a used, better quality, and more familiar brand with more "known" fitting characteristics if you need to buy online.

hamerface likes this.
  3. Baboo

Baboo Senior Member

Just a correction - the St. Lourdes saddles were later marketed as Intrepid, not Intec, in Canada.

4. equuswhisper

equuswhisper Registered

Hi,
    I own a Rossetti premium saddle (was given as a sponsorship saddle) and 3 of my students each own a different model.
    We have had them for over a year. They are a lower end product but of good quality. They remind me of what Henri De Rivel use to be (before they started being made in India). The balance on 2 of the models is actually very nice. The saddles hold up very well with hard use and not being taken great care of! We received bridles and girths as well. I prefer my Antares, well of course, but I use it on one of my horses and jump 4'+ comfortably in it. I would recommend the saddle for someone looking at lower price point and doesn't want to have to baby the saddle! Fits the horse I use it on well, comfy knee rolls, billets are a little thick and crude, stitching could be closer together, but leather doesn't scuff easily.