Roe V Wade

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Jul 10, 2018 at 8:26 AM.

1. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

I don’t want to drag this off topic, but the “we” in Genesis just supports that Jesus was always alive. He was born a man when God sent Him, but He has always existed before human form. Just like we believe He always will be even though He is no longer here on earth as a human. That is the Christian belief and I understand it may not be logical or believable to others!

ginster and Alyssa Hughes like this.
  2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I agree she has a right to express her view. Our constitution supports free speach. I do not agree she has a right to apply her religious beliefs to the laws of the land. Our constitution separates Church from state for the exact reason that people left England because they were not allowed to be anything other than members of the Church of England.

We do not want one religion's beliefs to dictate law for the entire population. It is un American and Unconstitutional to do so.

3. manesntails

My vote has NO affect on you.

My vote does not FORCE you to do one thing other than you would do without my vote.

That was a really, really disturbing comment as you know, full well the consequences of your religion causing pain and suffering to women by forcing upon them laws and restrictions against them that THEY do not agree with.

shaiarabs, CoffeeBean and ginster like this.
  4. Alyssa Hughes

Alyssa Hughes Full Member

I do not think I am better than you. I have my own flaws. I always say hon in real life and didn't realize it offended people. I worded that comment badly and I apologize for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2018 at 4:32 PM
  5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

But then you come back to the crux of the matter, in fact several matters...

On this subject then you have to be able to say for certain that a persons opposition is grounded in a matter of religious faith and not some other measure of morality, I'm not sure how you do that. I go back to the Irish situation where there is no separation between state and religion, but the will of the people, in a majority Catholic country, led to a referendum where the people voted to allow legal abortions, because as we know a woman ALWAYS has the right to choose, the matter is does she get to choose to flee the country or state, or go to the shady person down the back alley, where her life is at risk. We need not forget that point, legal, safe, monitored termination, rather than the alternative.

Second thought, off at a tangent.....if there is no place for religion in the State, why not get rid of religious holidays, I'm not sure of how it works, but people get all fired up about Christmas and Easter, are they Statuary holidays in the States? If they are, maybe they shouldn't be, or maybe the most important religious holiday of every faith should be a holiday.

NaeNae and Alyssa Hughes like this.
  6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

And she apologized for that, so why can you not drop it?

walktrot likes this.
  7. manesntails

I don't consider: I am sorry IF YOU FEEL offended by that, as an apology. It contains a disclaimer. It is a faux attempt at minimization. Not a true apology.

Apologies contain words like: “I am sorry I offended you“, no IF's.

Plus, I did not edit her post. Look at the quote. There was not even an “I'm sorry IF I offended you“ there when I replied.

ginster likes this.
  8. Alyssa Hughes

I am sorry and I did not mean to offend you.

manesntails and ginster like this.
  9. Alyssa Hughes

@manesntails Did part of our conversation disappear on your computer/phone? It's gone on mine and I didn't delete anything.

10. ginster

ginster Senior Member

@Alyssa Hughes one of your post shows up with the info "edited by a moderator".