Roe V Wade

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Jul 10, 2018.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Zactly.

Hey I was forced to go to Catholic sunday school. Could never swallow chapter two: Adam and Eve FORBIDDEN to have knowledge. That reads as: “ Stay stupid and only believe what I tell ya, ya know, like Trump wants his “followers“ to do now. He wasn't stupid targetting people who believe in religion.

I've read and studied the Bible three times in adulthood. Still it is not godly to me in it's entirety. Some parts are good moral stories. Some not.
    But I digress. It is not for you to stop others from doing what they believe is not against god.

stephanie, ginster and NaeNae like this.
  2. manesntails

I wouldn't if I were you either. :D

3. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Ah yes, preformationism. It didn't get (mostly) put to rest until the late 19th century when cell theory was embraced by most scientists of the day.

Which leads to an interesting question - if this was the widespread belief for a long time, why were so many men convinced that in order to have a son, they needed a different wife (Henry VIII)? Yeah, I know for him it had to do with his overwhelming entitlement and the pressure to have a MALE heir - but it's weird how it was clung to by so many when it suited them to do so. When inconvenient, abandoned. Okay, I mostly answered my own question but it's fun to go down these rabbit holes.

manesntails and mooselady like this.
  4. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Agreed. I like freedom.

Alyssa Hughes likes this.
  5. Arem

Arem Senior Member

No, that was not the way it went at all.
    All knowledge was available to them— they were only ignorant of evil. All they knew were the good and positive things.

But the thing about love is... that it gives a choice. Like human relationships. Chaining someone in your basement so you can keep them forever and ever is not love.

So God have us a door and a choice:
    Do like with Him, his way.
    Or go our own way, with the knowledge of good and evil.

(But he didn’t provide that choice without a rescue should they choose their own way. But that’s for another time.)

Would that Adam and Eve had chosen not to eat the fruit and humanity had remained ignorant of the exsistance of evil. Humanity would be much better off. No death, no murder, no tragedy....

Alyssa Hughes and harli36 like this.
  6. manesntails

Nope. They were not allowed the knowledge of good and evil. In other words, they could do whatever, be it good or evil and NOT KNOW, because they were DEPRIVED of that knowledge, that they were doing evil or good.

That is a deprivation of conscience that afflicts Sociopaths.
    Sociopath lack of conscience, lack of remorse, guilt or shame

7. Alyssa Hughes

Alyssa Hughes Senior Member+

Exactly.

8. manesntails

Nope.
    bible verses about adam and eve and the tree of knowledge - Bing

Clearly it states: from the tree of the knowledge of GOOD AND EVIL.
    Changing it to they had knowledge does not negate the fact that they were not to know the difference between good and evil, and, if you do not know and appreciate the difference between good and evil, you are a Sociopath.

9. Alyssa Hughes

Alyssa Hughes Senior Member+

I have had multiple classes about my religion and you are wrong here. Why was it wrong for Adam and Eve to know good and evil (Genesis 3:22)?

10. manesntails

You believe what your religion tells you to believe and what they tell you is illogical and biased by their initiative to keep you IN the religion and monetarily contributing to their coffers.

Logic is logic. Words have meaning. Cherry picking what you want to HAVE a certain meaning and minimizing what you don't want to realize doesn't change the fact that what is written was meant AS it was written.

One of the no-nos is distortion, which is RAMPANT. Without knowing evil you do not know good, you just know what is or is not.