Road To Worlds: A Novice and her Appaloosa

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Dream27, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

Medical Lab Scientist, aka Medical Technologist. My current job I have set day hours Monday thru Friday with no weekends, no call, no holidays. And I do little to nothing each day, yet still get paid decently. I don't think that I'd ever be able to find another job like it , and it works perfect for horse showing for the most part (no weekends).

Alsosusieq2, mooselady and GotaDunQH like this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I love her, saw this some time ago and forgot to reply. I'm an appy fan though, but looking good. :)

Dream27 likes this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

That must be nice, kinda explains a bit why medical costs are high though lol.

4. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

Trust me when I say that my job in the lab is probably not found anywhere else in the US. Most other labs are understaffed, run ragged, having to take call at all hours of the day, working shifts and holidays and weekends, and for the most part, being completely overwhelmed. My job is...a luxury that I am thankful for every day :)

mooselady and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  5. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

Thank you! If you met her in person, you'd love her even more. She's never ever had a mare moment, and is the sweetest thing. I Adore (with a capital A!) her personality.

ginster, Bebe and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  6. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

With all the snow, the fences are way lower than they normally are, and I think Piper probably was a bit pushy towards Frosty (who is low man on the totem pole of ponies)...anyways, Frosty got a little cut up inside her hock and loosened the top wire of the fence. She's fine...just superficial but it always scares me when The Princess gets hurt, since I'm relying on her so much this year. I'm not even sure how I'm going to get my horses out of the fence (gates are snowed shut....might need to do some shoveling), but I'm planning on hauling to the arena tomorrow after work, where I'll be able to trim her feet, clean up her cut and get on her for the first time since October--YAY!!!

Alsosusieq2 and kodemiester like this.
  7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Sending positive weather and everything else vibes, it’s time to get on with life, and showing.

Dream27 likes this.
  8. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

I hear you.. I barely got the gate open Sunday to put hay out.. and we have another 10-14" predicted for Saturday. Going to get the skidsteer out and try to clear ALL the snow from the 2 gates.

i'm SO done with winter
    :flaming:

GotaDunQH, kodemiester and Dream27 like this.
  9. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

I hadn't really thought about it until last night when I saw Frosty's cut. I was like "ok, let's take you out and tie you at the wash rack so I can get a better look at it and maybe clean it up a bit". Then I went..."crud, how am I going to get out of here? The snow is up about 2 feet on every gate!". So I guess it's time to dig if I want to get those ponies to the indoor tomorrow! At least you have a skidsteer...I'll be hand shoveling :D Plus, went to feed yesterday after work, and had the charger on the tractor plus plugged in, so I thought I'd be good to go. Tractor started, and then shut off after about a minute. Thankfully, my wonderful dad is down working on it now...thinking filters need to be replaced. I hope it's something simple!! So I'm right there on the DONE WITH WINTER train. Our snow this weekend (was up to 10") got downgraded and it sounds like it's going south more, so I'll take that!!

kodemiester likes this.
  10. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

Guys. The high today is 35. ABOVE!

That is all.

:cowdance::cooldance::heartbeat::cheerleader::heartbeat::cheerleader::heartbeat::cheerleader::cooldance: :cowdance:

BRING ON THE PONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cowgirl::redhorse: (and yes, I'm planning on finally riding this weekend and will update accordingly, but just had to try to express how excited I am!)