Riding stables in or near Lansing/East Lansing

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by horselover2005, Jun 27, 2005.

1. horselover2005

horselover2005 Senior Member

In August I will be moving up to MSU for college.
    I would still like to ride and continue to inprove my riding skills. Does anyone know of any riding stables in or near lansing/east lansing? I need it to be kind of close to MSU( for transportation purposes).

I also am looking for a job, so if u have a boarding stable and need help with anything, let me know.
    I have 8 years experience with horses and right now I am training my horse for western.

2. CowGirlUp1833

CowGirlUp1833 Senior Member+

I know MSU has a big equine program, I'm sure they have a place to ride right there. If not, there is some farms up this way (toward Grand Rapids). I think there are some farms near Lowell (about 30 minutes from MSU) and I know there is at least one in Ada....but I think that would be a long drive for you. I'll try to find some others that may be closer to you.

Edit: if you are looking for a job, try www.equimax.com.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  3. booker81

booker81 Senior Member

There are TONS of stables around that area.

What are you going to major in? I think I still get emails fro mthe Animal Science people with tons of jobs. Also, if you go to the differnt Ag buildings (pavilion etc.) there are boards up with TONS upon TONS of jobs boarding, and farms.

I don't of anyone right now down there, but that doens't mean a thing - we just moved and are about an hour away from Moo-U :) I'll be heading back there part-time this fall though.

4. Bayberry Brandi

Bayberry Brandi Full Member

My mare was boarded at Watch Eye Corral in Laingsburg. I'd say thats about 25 minutes. I didn't got to MSU (wish I could afford it I'd go!) but I know a lot of the people there were students.

5. CowGirlUp1833

Booker, I'm guessing from the 'location' you are in Michigan!? LOL Where are you in MI?

6. booker81

booker81 Senior Member

I'm now in Flushing. Grew up in Webberville, moved to Lansing, moved to Perry, now Moved to Flushing. Yes, Flushing is the name of a town...pretty odd :D Pretty much, I'm west of Flint.

7. CowGirlUp1833

I used to lease a mare out of Flushing....and had some friends from college that grew up there. One of my old college roommates now lives near Swartz Creek. :D

8. booker81

booker81 Senior Member

There is a nice facility down the road from us, I should stop in and talk to them. Since we moved out here, I'm a little out of touch with what's what - I need to get hay for winter, and find the closest vet and farrier. They should know. I don't know what they do there, but they have some nifty longhorn young steers out in front, and a few babies.

You say West Michigan, I used to go out to Holland almost every weekend, when I lived in Lansing. Had some good friends out there :)

9. CowGirlUp1833

hehehe...my boyfriend lives in Holland, and I will probably be moving down there by the end of summer. I live in Walker (Grand Rapids) right now.

10. booker81

booker81 Senior Member

Heee hee..what was the topic of this thread?

Leese - off the top of my head there is Silhouette Manor in Williamston, Horsescape Farm in Williamston, Massman's in Mason, quite a few down Meridian Road outside of Okemos, and bazillons more. Just can't think of them now :) Oh yeah, Nottingham Farm in Haslett. The yellow pages have more, but those are the ones I know.