REsponsible Breeding

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by Barnyardmare, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvmyride

luvmyride Senior Member+

I really didn't mean it that way. This horse is so far away from any Impressive bred horse that I wouldn't be surprised if they shipped the wrong horses seamen. He's really a mess.

I don't have anything against Impressive horses, I have seen some that are drop dead gorgeous that I would pay lots of money for (if I had lots of money). I have also seen Doc Bar horses I would pay lots of money for, and some you couldn't pay me to have.

2. suncolorsranch

suncolorsranch Senior Member+

I didn't think so that is why I wanted to you clarify for those who might have also read it that way. Thanks!

3. County

County Senior Member+

I hope you got a huge advance on that book because I can't think of anyone who would want to read it the way your going about getting info.

BTW whos the Impressive breeder you worked for?

4. ldovepaints

ldovepaints Senior Member+

I think the OP is doing reaction research on different topics not necessarily obtaining information. More of a way to arrange the approach of the information rather than the content itself.

Impressive, Doc Bar, Two Eyed Jack and many other lines of breeding all have positive and negative traits. Line breeding or inbreeding can all produce less than ideal foals unfortunately. I have seen the best matched sire and dam produce some of the ugliest foals and the other way around.

As I posted prior I am yearning for a line of horses that excel in the daily ranching work like the ones that worked with my grandfathers. Great heart, mind and ability.

5. Barnyardmare

Barnyardmare Banned

Pretty Buck, (hes long gone now) use to be used on the ranch and also show, back in the beginning of the cutting competitions. Some horses have trouble transitioning, at least in my experience. Usually it is a show horse to ranch that the problem arises, like, they don't have the stamina. Some shwo horses also freak out a little with the wide open. I have also seen a couple ranch horses freak out because they have never been inside a building. We had a broodmare like that. Born on the Waggner ranch and never saw the inside of a barn.
    Show record does not matter to me when I breed but I am picky on the bloodlines., as you can see.

6. Barnyardmare

Barnyardmare Banned

Tim Meyer, he and Ted Turner had a few joint owned horses together but Tim does have a lot of them

7. Barnyardmare

Barnyardmare Banned

Thank you !

8. luvmyride

luvmyride Senior Member+

So just wondering, but doesn't your stallion have Three Bars somewhere back in his lines? If my mare has Three Bars too, would that mean I would be inbreeding her if one day I was able to breed her to him?:p

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/jaacys+pleasure

9. Barnyardmare

Barnyardmare Banned

SHep doesnt have Three Bars, just Eternal War as the only TB on his papers. Wouldn't breed your mare anyway

10. County

County Senior Member+

So tell me BYM why are the bloodlines you breed better then any one elses? I mean theres nothing I can see that makes them better then any other? We all like differant ones which IMO is a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.