Rescue in CA ousted by Hi Caliber Rescue!

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by glideride, Oct 10, 2014.

1. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

To the surprise of absolutely no one who wasn't emotionally invested in the place.

HiCaliber Horse Rescue Evicted From Valley Center Ranch

HiCaliber Horse Rescue Evicted for Not Paying Rent

HiCaliber Horse Rescue Faces Eviction And Lawsuit

"Markstein-Fox said HiCaliber's directors also failed to pay their utility bill for seven months, leading SDG&E to shut off power to the estate Thursday. She said the horse rescue owes the utility company more than $8,000.

Until a solution is found, Markstein-Fox said her property will be without water, because the only source of water is a well whose pump is powered by electricity."

Man, I really hate to say it yet again - but people - please get a lot of information about a rescue BEFORE you donate money. The closer to home it is, the better, because you can go see it for yourself and I would do that MULTIPLE TIMES before giving them one thin copper.

Markstein-Fox is not only suing the owner of HiCaliber but also the BOD.

Again, if someone is on a BOD they have responsibilities to the organization. Even if it means standing up to the president or founder. More accurately, particularly if it means standing up to or ousting someone.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

3. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

"HiCaliber Horse Rescue still hasn’t left Valley Center ranch; founder blames critics

"“Unfortunately our critics who worked hard to shut us down have called and reached out to every property manager and Realtor company that they could get their hands on and sent photos of us and said … don’t rent to these people. They’re horrible. They’ll destroy your place,” Knuttila said."

Truth hurts.

(walk through with the owner - it's awful. So awful.)

I'd be looking through the stuff left behind and seen on one or two of the vimeo videos in what looks like a small tack shop on the second floor of a building to see if stolen goods turn up. See video below for mention of theft:

4. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

5. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

YEP! I'm the president of a non profit corporation and we recently took out a million dollar insurance policy to protect our BOD.

CoffeeBean likes this.
  6. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

I am so very relieved that you take it seriously. I'm not kidding either. I don't want to see people who take their responsibilities seriously get hurt and so many good people get taken in by slimy liars and have NO idea what they're risking.

Oh, wait - sorry. I'm not trying to insinuate that YOU are a slimy liar. I'm getting myself a bit worked up and it's slopping over a bit. Sorry. I know you will do it right!

Happy 2019. I hope your mission is successful (and eventually unnecessary - is it something we would love to see no need for because the world becomes a better place?).

Speaking of someone who doesn't take things seriously (Romney Snyder; Michelle's partner in 2016):

7. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Case Title: MARKSTEIN VS HICALIBER HORSE RESCUE INC [IMAGED]
    Case Number: 37-2018-00059874-CU-BC-NC Case Location: North County

Case Type: Civil Date Filed: 11/26/2018
    Category: CU-BCW Breach of Contract/Warranty

View Case Detail

I hope she not only wins the case, but is able to get the money out of these two.

You can find Michelle here: Log into Facebook | Facebook

What a banquet of bs