Regarding accusations of sexual misconduct/abuse/rape

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ginster, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Right. And where are the women who accused them?

Curious if these defenders of Kavanaugh believed Donna Rice. Monica Lewinsky. Paula Jones. If they believe that Ted Kennedy committed a crime when he left Mary Jo Kopechne to die at Chappaquiddick. Whatcha wanna bet?

PyroTekNik333 and ginster like this.
  2. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Obviously you missed the part where I explained what due process actually is. How can you believe in something that you obviously have no understanding of?

ginster likes this.
  3. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

My husband who has helped me raise a severely disabled child that he did not father with tenderness, compassion, self-sacrifice and love would flip his lid if this happened to him.

4. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

I believed several of these people and there was abundant evidence in several of these cases.

OldGreyMare likes this.
  5. OldGreyMare

OldGreyMare Senior Member

I POSTED the HOLES IN HER STORY and yet you are nothing but snark and rudeness Bellalou. You even went so far as to be downright nasty. Do you believe EVERY story you here? Great lawyer you will be if that is the case with you. People lie, they lie for many, many reasons, some even I have to shake my head about.

I am not going to sit here and continue to be gone after for my opinion because I choose not to believe a woman who, oh poor pitiful woman that she is, can't go home..oh the horror. Kavanaugh and his family have gone through the very same thing she is now, tables turned and now she knows how he and his family, feels.
    See below:

Kavanaugh's family has also reportedly been the target of threats.
    His wife, Ashely, received a number of threatening emails at work this week, according to CNN and the Wall Street Journal.
    "My condolences to you for being married to a rapist. Although you probably deserve it," one person wrote in an email obtained by CNN.

Another message sent this week said "F*** YOU AND YOUR RAPIST HUSBAND," according to CNN.
    The Wall Street Journal cited two other emails sent to Ashely Kavanaugh's government email account. She works as town manager for a suburb of the Village of Chevy Chase. A phone number listed for her office went straight to voicemail and a message from USA TODAY was not returned.

"May you, your husband and your kids burn in hell," one message read. Another said she should tell her husband to "put a bullet in his … skull," according to the WSJ.
    Others, especially Republicans on the Judiciary Committee, have been the target of harassment and threats since the start of Kavanaugh's hearings. Kavanaugh and Ford have been invited to testify Monday about her allegations.

Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins, viewed as a potential swing vote against Kavanaugh, has reported receiving threatening calls and letters as well as more than 3,000 wire coat hangers in grim a reference to the unsafe, illegal abortions that abortion-rights defenders say would follow the end of Roe v. Wade.

Collins told The Wall Street Journal that she finds "the out-of-state voicemails being left on the answering machines of my state offices" to be "incredibly offensive."

"In one case – and we are going to turn this over to the police, but unfortunately, of course, the person didn’t leave a name or number – but they actually threatened to rape one of my young female staffers," Collins told the Journal.

One incensed voter left a voicemail for Collins, which her office shared with USA TODAY, in which he repeatedly screamed insults while wondering how Collins could accept Kavanaugh's statement that he considers Roe v. Wade to be "settled law" when he was "handpicked by the Federalist Society specifically to overturn" that decision.

"You will go down in history as the most naive person ever to be in Congress you (expletive), (expletive), feckless, naive woman!" the caller yelled.

"If you care at all about women's choice, vote no Kavanaugh. Don't be a dumb b---h," another male caller said.

6. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

She may not be lying...but she has not proven her case. She might be confused on who her attacker was she seems to have very limited memory and inconstant of the incident. Maybe she thought she was going to personally try to protect the seat from a conservative judge, Maybe she needs to keep seeing a Therapist.... I don't know why and probably never will.

Why do people confess to murders they did not commit?

OldGreyMare likes this.
  7. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Of course you did. :rofl:

8. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Let's see... usually because they've been sitting in an interrogation room for 3 days with no sleep, being badgered by cops who tell them if they just "tell the truth" the cop will help them. So they finally break down and tell the cop what they believe the cop wants to hear because they just want to go home. Because very often they are quite young and isolated. I used to work for an Innocence Project.

No one wants to answer the basic question I've asked in this thread, which is - why are victims of sexual assault or domestic violence repeatedly grilled and routinely disbelieved when victims of other crimes are not? After all, the supposed victim of a burglary might have strewn stuff all over the house and broken his own door down. But no one automatically goes to that read of the situation.

I'm snarky and rude. Yup, I'll admit it. I am. Because I'm angry.

Ah, there it is. The personal attack. I believe what my clients tell me. That's my job. If my client tells me he was not at the scene, I am going to believe him. Now, the evidence may show otherwise. In that case, it's my job to investigate the evidence, to determine how strong it is, to see if it will hold up in court. If it will, it is then my job to tell my client, look - I know you said you weren't there. But the prosecution has a ton of evidence that says you were. That evidence may not be accurate but I don't have any evidence to counter it. Do you have anything further to present? Because if we have to go forward with this evidence, they're going to convict you.

Yeah, I do believe my clients. Fine lawyer I'd be if I didn't. I'm not here to advocate for the prosecution. :rolleyes:

9. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

I'm actually going to apologize for being as passionate as I am. I'm going to apologize to @ginster too for essentially derailing this thread.

I am very close to the situation, obviously. It is an incredibly painful situation for me because I know exactly what it feels like, as so many do. I do not have anything remotely close to "proof" to show what happened to me. If I read in the paper that my attacker was about to be named to a high position of authority, I would not have the courage to speak up about it. But I would wish I did.

And that's the only I would become aware of his existence. I certainly have not kept tabs on his whereabouts. I have no idea where he ended up or what he's doing. I've never Googled his name or wanted to know. The only way I'd know anything about him is if he DID show up in the news.

Why didn't I speak up? Even after my father brought me to the hospital bleeding from a miscarriage, I didn't tell. I let him believe my boyfriend was the one. Why? Because it was easier. Because I wanted to just get on with my life. I wanted to forget. I was traumatized. I was heartbroken. I was paralyzed.

I was also incredibly confused. I didn't think of it as rape. After all, it's not like he had a gun or a knife. He didn't threaten me. He just had his way with me while I said no. Please. Stop. Maybe he didn't understand? Maybe he felt like I led him on? Maybe I wasn't clear? I was 15. I was a virgin. I had no words or concepts to understand what had happened. I thought maybe it was my fault. And maybe, just maybe, if I shut up and go on with life, I can pretend it never happened.

So I went back to Girl Scouts. And 4-H. And horse shows. And Breyer horses. And 3 months later, I found out that there's no pretending. But I still didn't tell. Because I still didn't have the words.

So I will apologize for my passion. But I won't apologize for believing a victim of sexual assault. And I won't apologize for thinking that those who believe Kavanaugh over her are dead wrong.

Peace out.

tlwidener, ginster, shaiarabs and 5 others like this.
  10. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

I’m very sorry for experience, many of us have been hurt, and its not right, its not OK. You have every right to your beliefs, but the people who feel differently also have a right to their beliefs and to voice them without being demeaned.

OldGreyMare likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.