Regarding accusations of sexual misconduct/abuse/rape

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ginster, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Oh please! There is absolutely no credible proof that women run around faking rape all the time. In fact, there is far more proof that women who actually were raped are not believed.

Yes, I generally do believe women when they say that they were sexually salted. Why in the world wouldn’t I?

Why is it that the only crime that people question the victim on so closely as rape? If a Person is mugged people don’t question her as to whether it’s true or not. If a person is burglarized people don’t question him or her as to whether it really happened. Carjacking, theft, tax evasion. Nope nope nope. Just sexual assault. Oh yeah and domestic abuse.

Because women are hysterical and make up things. :rolleyes:

tlwidener, Pirate and ginster like this.
  2. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Just because your daughter can remember a great deal doesn't mean other survivors can.

I can tell you what he smelled like, the textures, the place, the sensations and the fear and confusion. It was 30 years ago. I don't know the date. I don't know the time. I do know every other single vivid detail.

ginster and bellalou like this.
  3. OldGreyMare

OldGreyMare Senior Member

I didn't say everyone was lying....but some do.....Ford is one of those woman. I am so tire of this mud slinging and oh poor woman...yea well this woman isn't buying her story and I am and will side with Kavanaugh on his election and good on him. I now hope he and his family can pick up the pieces of the life that others attempted to destroy and move on.

4. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

Not only did Ms. Fords friends not corroborate her remembrance of this incident, a man that she had a 6 year intimate relationship with submitted a legal declaration that brought up several concerns about Ford’s Honesty including that she fraudulently charged $600 worth of merchandise on his credit card and initially lied about it, See his letter attached below.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/christine-blasey-ford-ex-boyfriend-says-she-helped-friend-prep-for-potential-polygraph-grassley-sounds-alarm

I feel badly that Ms. Ford was either hurt by Kavanaugh but has no evidence, or perhaps the person who attacked her was someone else, or perhaps she is not able to her nightmares from reality , or she had some other motive….we will probably never know….what we do know is there is no Evidence that this occurred and in the US you are innocent until proven guilty.

The only thing that we have real documented evidence against Kavanaugh shows that he liked to Party in his late Teen and Young Adult Days…. Which is not something that I would count against him more than 30 years later....and If we did we would portably eliminate 80% of candidates. He has passed 7 FBI background checks most of them performed long before Trump was running or in Office.

As I have said before Women need to be encouraged to report right after an incident…this is the only way to have the evidence to stop predators and ensure that they are punished. I say this as a person who has been very deeply hurt and I have a beautiful young daughter in college …..yet I still believe in due process, and I would not want my Husband, Father, or Sons life not to be ruined by accusations that have no proof.

OldGreyMare likes this.
  5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Sworn testimony under oath is considered evidence. It might not convict in a trial, but for a job interview it most definitely would.

Ruin his life.. He'd have gone back to a lifetime post on the DC circuit that most would consider prestigious if he'd stepped down.

You know, it's interesting how credible testimony makes no difference today than it did with Anita Hill. You can't prove it and it appears it's damaged the women much more than the privileged men that got away with it. See, I believe her.

Why are the great majority of women that refuse to believe her, the religious right wing? Because shes not GOP? That's ridiculous. They've done this with the last few nasty characters that fortunately, they were able to substantiate the accusations. All the while though, they were clamouring that they were innocent and still do.

It's amazing -

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    tlwidener and harli36 like this.
  6. OldGreyMare

OldGreyMare Senior Member

Why? Because were not gullible nor are we spoon fed lies and swallow them like others are doing currently. There is proof she lied, proof there are holes in her story, and no matter how much fact comes out she is lying, it is going to be his fault...end of story. I mean, why would SHE lie?! Why indeed. I hope it damages her, she LIED!

7. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

What amazing hypocrites the Fox News watching bunch are!

I'm a defense attorney. I know the difference between a criminal trial and a confirmation hearing. Kavanaugh was not on trial - he was facing a hearing to determine if he was fit to be a Supreme Court justice. Big difference.

I defend people every day who most people would happily lock up without a whit of Due Process. "How can you defend people who are guilty of horrible crimes!?" I'm asked all the time. Answer - not my job to determine guilt or innocence. And it wasn't the job of the committee to determine Kavanaugh's guilt or innocence. It was NOT A COURT OF LAW! It was a process to determine if he had the chops to be a Supreme Court Justice. And I'm sorry if it pains you, but anyone who responds to an allegation the way he did - with anger, attacks, and turning the questions back on those asking - and with a partisan attack on Democrats! - is not fit to sit on the Supreme Court, a supposedly nonpartisan body.

Oh, sure, it's fine to lock up the kid who grew up in a crappy neighborhood surrounded by drug dealers who are the only people he sees who have any success in life - i.e. money, the way Americans define success - for selling 3 grams of dope on a street corner. It's okay that the cops lied, that they searched him illegally, that they broke all the rules, because hey! The kid had drugs on him! Throw out Due Process! He's obviously guilty, lock him up.

But as soon as we have an influential, obviously Republican-leaning white man accused of rape at a confirmation hearing, well, trot out the Due Process dog whistle! Right. Innocent until proven guilty! Right.

And women just need to come forward when it happens! Of course! Because it's such a great thing to get assaulted, then get grilled about it, and to have to admit to your parents when you're 15 that you were somewhere you shouldn't have been (oh, must have been HER fault then), then to have everyone look at your statements and say "oh, but she said the wallpaper was blue at first and now she's saying it might have had flowers - she must be lying! Because of course the wallpaper is what matters at a time like that and we'll all remember it.

Poor guy! He's sitting on the Supreme Court, with so much power it oozes out of him. Meanwhile, Dr. Ford can't go home because she's getting death threats.

Yeah, hard time to be a man, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

And before anyone asks, yes, of course I will defend an accused rapist in a court of law. But that's not what this is. It's not about Due Process or the presumption of innocence. It's a civil hearing to determine fitness. And he failed. Abysmally. And every victim of men like him in the United States had it drilled into her head yet again how futile it is to even try.

8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Where does this myth come from that men accused of abuse and rape are ruined????
    One is sitting in the White House, another one is on the Supreme Court. Several are still considered sport idols or have healthy careers as actors, singers, directors...
    for what it's worth: regardless of if you believe Dr. Ford or not, I still think his reaction and behavioir was very telling as to what kind of character he has.
    A decent, empathetic man wouldn't get ragingly angry and start screaming. I am imagining my father, brothers, sisters, friends in his position and I know they would react differentl y. Shocked, sure, but more than that: confused as to why anyone would ever accuse them of something like this.
    he reacted like a spoilt brat who, maybe for the first time, was in a situation where he was denied something he wanted. And *that's* what made him mad.

9. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Why would she lie? Please elaborate? She's obviously gotten so much out of it (insert as much sarcasm as absolutely possible).

tlwidener and ginster like this.
  10. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

FYI……While I was raised in a very Religious home it has been well over 20 years since I’ve stepped into a church…I consider myself spiritual but not a Religious person….I was raised by a very Democratic Father and would consider my-self an independent and vote for who I think will do a good Job. I did not vote for Trump or For Clinton…

And Yet I still believe firmly in due process and the fact that a person is innocent until proven guilty. No one has blinded me or brainwashed me….I am just very much a Virgo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.