Regarding accusations of sexual misconduct/abuse/rape

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ginster, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginster

ginster Senior Member

2. slc

slc Senior Member

It's a political myth that when one man is accused of sexual misconduct by more than one women, that they all MUST be lying.

It's also a political myth that anyone, ANYONE, would hire a guy who acts like Kavanaugh did in a job interview, to do anything. Including cleaning a horse stall.

And it is a very common tactic in an interview to put pressure on someone and see if he starts flailing.

It's also a political myth that anyone would hire someone who had a bunch of accusations of misconduct swirling around him, without actually having been found guilty, but there are multiple indepentant accusers.

"Mr. Jones, it says here in this newspaper article that three separate clients of yours are accusing you of defrauding them as their financial adviser. Two of these accusations date back 30 years. I'm afraid we can't hire you. We can't have an employee in our firm who has this sort of question hanging about his past."

The fundamental thing to remember here is that almost all failures to hire do not require a conviction at all - just a mere question about a person is enough for an employer to shy away from him. He MAY have committed a crime. He MAY have defrauded a client. The company simply will not take that risk.

Unless he's a Supreme Court Judge, and the person doing the hiring is Donald Trump.

In fact, Kavanaugh's record is really very weak. Especially considering all the schooling he's had, he's a remarkable underachiever.

Further, his peer reviews were abysmal, and have been repeatedly.

One peer review stated his knowledge of the law 'was more on the level of an associate.' This is a NICE way of saying he does not know the law. Do you understand what it means for a JUDGE to say that about ANOTHER JUDGE?

Why does Trump want him so bad? Because incompetent people are easier to manipulate. They are mentally weak. Malleable. They develop foolish loyalties. They believe promises. They have to. They have no other way to promote themselves.

In fact, job interviews for relatively trivial jobs not having any national impact, result in failure to hire for much lesser reasons all the time(none of these reflect any position or opinion that I agree with):
    1. 'I was envisioning a man in this job role.' 'I was envisioning a white man in this role.' 'We can't accommodate a wheelchair.' 'The person has mild cerebral palsy; he won't be able to handle a desk job.'
    2. 'I think he might be gay.'
    3. 'I just didn't like him for some reason. Something is 'off.''
    4. He's overqualified. He's smart. He's shy. He applied for a job in Finland ten years ago. He applied for a job at a competing company. He turned down a job at my sister's company. He used to work for a competing company (the non-compete agreement, however, expired 10 years ago).
    5. He was presented to us by a recruiter I don't like because 10 years ago, he sent us a candidate we hired and had to fire several years later.
    6. Candidate might reasonably be competing for the interviewer's job in a few years.
    7. Candidate had a soup stain on the manila folders holding copies of his resume.
    8. Candidate 'seemed nervous.' Crossed his arms repeatedly. His feet were pointed toward the door several times during the interview. He looked down too much. He looked directly at me too much.
    9. Candidate changed jobs when company reorganized and started requiring international travel on short notice of candidate's job; candidate has a chronically ill wife at home and does not want to travel internationally on short notice(keep in mind the job being interviewed for does not and never will, require international travel on short notice).
    10. Candidate has 3 children. That's too many. She'll be absent from work all the time(of course the kids are 16, 17 and 18....).
    11. Candidate is pregnant. Or could become pregnant.
    12. Candidate has all the qualifications for the job, but 30 years ago, in college, switched majors several times.
    13. Candidate is just out of school. Candidate is older. Candidate is overweight, interviewer thinks all overweight people are 'lazy.'
    14. Candidate declared a political affiliation online that does not agree with interviewer's political affiliation. When questioned about his voting, admitted he did not vote in the primaries. I don't hire people who don't vote in primaries.
    15. Candidate showed up for interview without a Christian cross necklace on. When questioned extensively about her religion, said, 'that's not an appropriate question.'
    16. Interviewer thinks candidate's graduate degree was on a 'lame' subject.
    Keep in mind, these are not my opinions about interviewees. These are in fact, things I've heard over the years from interviewers in various lines of work.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Well, except the US Senate, apparently.

Re. the false accusations: preaching to the choir there.
    I have read often enough that only about 1.6 % of rape accusations are false (I think it may be even lower now..) and that the percentage of false claims re. sexual abuse isn´t much different. I also personally know more women and girls who have been the victims of sexual misconduct, abuse or rape than those who haven´t experienced anything along those lines to have a pretty good guess at how often this **** actually happens. I have read enough reports and studies to know how many women, statistically, will experience physical or sexual violence in their lives. How much higher those stats are in North America are for women of colour (especially First Nations and Native Americans) and/or trans women.
    It makes me sick how common this is. It makes me mad how many abusers and rapists walk free.

Believe survivors.

Alsosusieq2, manesntails and slc like this.
  4. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

If it's all a political myth, then why tf did he get hired?

Alsosusieq2, ginster and manesntails like this.
  5. slc

slc Senior Member

I stick to the research in deciding who to believe.

I don't automatically believe all women who claim to be the victim of sexual misconduct or assault. I ALWAYS start out by saying, 'this could be true, or it may not be true.'

But in fact, it is extremely rare that I find any woman who is making improbable claims or ones that research/statistics/commonsense/logic/critical thinking skills, would throw any doubt upon. And the reason is that sexual misconduct of all types is incredibly common. So is statutory rape and a whole host of different ways of compromising minors. So is date rape. So is sexual harassment of women on the job. They're all very common.

Generally, the circumstances and the methods used by abusers/attackers/etc are so ordinary and so commonplace and so - so easy to apply, the situation is so easy to set up, that most accounts of misconduct of any type, do not appear to be false to me.

But even when I do not believe someone initially, I reserve the possibility that it still could be true and I cannot take any action or draw any conclusions, until more information is available. If no information becomes available, then any sort of judgment against the person cannot rationally be made.

And note, that suspending judgment, is NOT how the core GOP treats these cases. They automatically assume that ALL women and ALL allegations are false.

Example - a woman abducted in a truck out West, that sounded very odd, but it turned out to be true.

What is the solution? WAIT before deciding. WAIT. And if it is impossible to be sure now, DO NOT HIRE - this is what any company would have done. And this is absolutely what was NOT done with the Kavanaugh nomination.

But no matter how someone initially sees a report, the fact remains, that only this core group of political fanatics would so desperately insist that they had to have Kavanaugh as Supreme Court Judge. In MOST jobs, EVEN A POSSIBILITY OF SUCH ACTS WOULD CAUSE A HIRING MANAGER TO SAY NO.

The reason is that employers are RISK AVERSE. A candidate need not have committed said acts. The question is enough to cause a hiring manager not to hire.

So you have to ask yourself: Why is it so desperately important to hire Kavanaugh.

Because he is incompetent. That is in fact, his major attraction to the core GOP.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. slc

slc Senior Member

BECAUSE HE IS INCOMPETENT, VULNERABLE AND OUT OF CONTROL MENTALLY. BECAUSE HE IS ARROGANT, SELF-RIGHTEOUS AND MOST OF ALL - INCOMPETENT. WHEN A JUDGE IS INCOMPETENT, HE 1.) does not know the law 2.) misinterprets the law

THAT MAKES HIM THE MOST ATTRACTIVE CANDIDATE TO THE CORE GOP.

I also have a suspicion, yet unproven, that his drinking problem continues. That makes him even more attractive.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I would've wanted him to take a lie detector test. Even IF her were so drunk that he didn't remember the incident in question, he would've come out as a liar on a number of other statements refuted by his peers in college.

The Senator from Maine wanted to believe she was mistaken. Well, dip:poop:, she knew who he was Beforehand. It wasn't like someone unknown to her broke into her room in pitch darkness and attempted to sexually assault her to where she COULD have been mistaken.

Shame on herand the rest of them. They “Muss pleaz da Massa“, at all costs.

8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

A thorough FBI investigations where they actually *talked* to both Dr. Ford and Kavanaugh, as well as the 200 People who claim he lied under oath would´ve been a great thing.
    I mean, how can you investigate the claims if you do not talk to the accuser and the accused?
    This is about more than Kavanaugh though. This is, in general, about the Statement that it is a "scary time for men" and that "their lives can be ruined with one accusation". I mean, if that were the truth, Trump wouldn´t have become President and Kavanaugh wouldn´t be a SOJ. Not exactly ruined lives.
    Whose lives *are* ruined are those of the ones who came forward. They are ridiculed, the receive threats, death threats, their families as well so that they have to go into hiding. There was a young woman who claimed that Trump and Jeffrey Epstein raped her when she was 13...one of his former employees had given a statement that he witnessed what happened. They had a court date, right around the 2016 election until the young woman apparently received death threats that caused her to drop the lawsuit.
    https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/06/23/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit/

9. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I speculate he already took a test and failed. Why? Because they would have wanted this and been waving that all over the media if he'd passed and that he refused to take one. It makes sense to me. :(

manesntails likes this.
  10. slc

slc Senior Member

I think there is more method to Trump's madness.

After spending a couple hours reading the records of several senators, I believe that he is doing something far more important with this nomination than has been discussed here.

I believe he is doing TWO additional things:

1. Bringing more moderate Republican senators/congresspersons to heel so they stop opposing anything - ever - that comes from him. I urge you to study Collins' history as a fine example, if this seems impossible to you.
    2. Demonstrating that what he said before is true - that he could walk out into the street and shoot someone dead, and not one person would dare even make a peep. Absolute power.

waresbear and Alsosusieq2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.