Recycled Rubber Fencing

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Percheron Girl, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Percheron Girl

Percheron Girl Registered

Several years back I rode with a family on their farm who had rubber fencing. Basically it was strips of rubber (tire?!) that was stretched taught and nailed to wooden posts. Seemed to be an extremely safe and cheap way to fence in the horses, provided you replace before dry rot. Does anyone have any information on this? Any thoughts? Thanks for looking! :cool:

2. Chester

Chester Senior Member+

I haven't seen used tires but I have seen conveyor belting used. It is good but hard to find.

I have also seen whole tyres used. Pity I haven't got a pic of it.

3. Percheron Girl

Wow - conveyer belting. It might have been that. Didn't seem thick enough for tires. If anyone finds a pic, PLEASE post! I'd love to get some ideas.....!!

4. palimino57

palimino57 Senior Member+

That actually sounds like a great fencing choice for an outdoor arena.. If you have a rank nag like mine how LOVES to rub ur leg as soon as you get the slightest bit complacent :p

BUt I would also LOVE to see pics!

5. Fox Glove

Fox Glove Senior Member+

We used this in our "baby" pastures, it is known as band fencing around here. I loved it, and it kept the babies safe.

I am trying to talk my BO into it as we have miles of board that is always needing to be replaced. The posts are soild, and it makes sense to me.

6. Percheron Girl

I'm glad to hear that others have heard about this fence. Band fencing, good to know.

Please post up more info as it comes along!

7. HappyHorselover

HappyHorselover Full Member

We had rubber fencing at my old barn.....lemme root up a picture. here's some in the background of this pic.

[​IMG]

8. CJ

CJ Senior Member+

The farm Raps came from in Tennessee had rubber strap fencing. Great stuff, but Ive never been able to find a supplier.

9. tx1000dollarbil

tx1000dollarbil Registered

I sell "GREEN" rubber fencing.....TOTALLY RECYLED. It WILL eventually revolutionize the fencing world. Its the last fence you'll ever install with NO MORE fence related VET BILLS. Rubber fencing has changed drastically in the last 10-15 years. Its GUARANTEED 10 YEARS not to break, stretch, or tear and has a life expectancy of 20+ years. Its made of 9 cross-plied rubber heat tested from +300 degrees down to -180 degrees. VERY AFFORDABLE (as little as .15 cent per foot plus shipping) and easily installed. There is nothing else like this product on the market. For your "GREEN" fencing needs, email me at tx1000dollarbill@gmail.com or call me at 214.906.1486---James