Re: Black Stallion Show Coming to Kentucky Horse Park

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Rant, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Rant

Rant Senior Member+

I am SOOOO there people. SO THERE. Who will go with me?

[​IMG]

WORLD FAMOUS BLACK STALLION SHOW COMING TO KENTUCKY HORSE PARK LEXINGTON, KY

(March 23, 2010) The world famous Arabian Nights from Kissimmee, FL will bring The Black Stallion Show for a one-time only performance to the Kentucky Horse Park on Tuesday May 11 at 7pm in the new Indoor Arena. The show features a variety of breeds performing rarely-seen liberty acts. The Black Stallion from the Walter Farley classic will be among the highly trained horses that are included in the show. World-class equine performer Clay Maier and his spectacular Friesians, now permanent members of the Kentucky Horse Park family, will also give a pre-program performance. Admission is only $10. Children age 6 and under will be admitted free of charge. The Kentucky Horse Park's International Museum of the Horse and the Black Stallion Literacy Foundation have partnered in bringing the Black Stallion Literacy Program to Central Kentucky and the Black Stallion Show is the culmination of that program. Sponsors for this program are UKHealthcare, Kentucky Children's Hospital, Kentucky Bank, Pepsi, Channel 36 WTVQ, Columbia Gas, Kentucky Horse Park and the Kentucky Horse Park Foundation. Proceeds from the Black Stallion Show will benefit the Black Stallion Literacy Foundation www.bslf-online.org. For tickets call the Kentucky Horse Park, 859-233-4303. For more information on Arabian Nights go to www.arabian-nights.com. To view a short video of the Arabian Nights performance click on video. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWW2mVV8XUY"]YouTube- Arabian Nights[/ame]

[​IMG]

2. KristinJ

KristinJ Senior Member+

AHHHH! i want to go ... ill have to see how far of a drive that is for me ...

NOPE, sorry 11 hrs ... take lots of pictures and I will pretend i'm there =)

3. Rant

Rant Senior Member+

It's a three hour drive for me I think. But I'm so going, and ten bucks to see it isn't so bad either!

4. rwinksters

rwinksters Senior Member+

OOOOH I wanna see that! I'll have to wait until it comes my way though...

5. Narmowen

Narmowen Senior Member+

But the horse that played the Black (Cass Ole) is dead, so it's the stallion from one of the remakes of the Black Stallion.

6. KristinJ

KristinJ Senior Member+

Can't beat 10 bucks! I'd totally go if it wasn't that far! HAVE FUNNNN!

7. Rant

Rant Senior Member+

No. It's just "the Black stallion" in theme with the Arabian Nights and to help with The Black Stallion Literacy thingy. I don't think they are implying that it's THE black stallion.

8. lilrider

lilrider Senior Member+

Hmmm Fireman does have that day off. But with the new house and such... probably not going to happen.

That and I'm not dying to see it though it would be cool.

9. Ms.Cinderella

Ms.Cinderella Senior Member+

Oooo! I'd love to go! I can't tho :( I went to an arabian nights show years ago when I lived in Florida. It was amazing!
    Definetely take lots of pics **begs** please!!

10. CMhorses

CMhorses Senior Member+

I'll go!! It is only about an hour from me!