Rain-future show horse

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by NBChoice, Dec 28, 2016.

1. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Man it's been a long time. I feel so guilty because I really haven't done much of anything with either of my horses. They are both filthy and wooly and getting fat. That clinic was the last time I worked Rain before yesterday. I feel awful because Rain is the type of horse that thrives on work. She is much calmer and level headed when she gets to do something physical and mental. Sublime isn't a huge fan of working, but he totally needs it because the less he is worked the more pushy and rude he gets. Which no one needs at this point. I've just been so lazy lately, or other stuff has taken up my time. It seems like I have 100 excuses as to why I can't work my horses. Let's be real... they are just excuses. My pregnancy doesn't hinder me a whole lot right now. Although, I don't think I'd feel comfortable riding right now and I do get out of breath a lot faster than usual, but I can still long line and do in hand work.

So yesterday I forced myself to go long line them both. I was pleasantly surprised that they both didn't act like complete fools. Rain got to work and gave me some really nice passes. Since it had been a while I let her tootle along with her head where she wanted. I'm kind of afraid she has some metabolic thing going on. She has fat pads on either side of her tail, but isn't overweight in general. She also drinks a lot of water.... like a lot. So I'm thinking I need to get the vet out for her.

Sublime likes to act like a good boy, and then he'll get a wild streak and give a few jumps and then he gets back to work again. That happened a few times, but he always does that when he hasn't been worked in a long time. If I was more consistent with him he wouldn't do that. I was soooo pleased that he gave me the nicest little canters though. This was probably the first time since he had his injury last year that he didn't hesitate or get rushy or anxious when going into the canter. I think all this time off has done him some good. I'm so excited to get him into training for a couple months next year.

No pictures. They look nasty and unkempt. I tried to clean them up as good as I could yesterday, but all the currying made me get out of breath and I got a nasty cramp on my tummy so I had to stop. Maybe today I can work on getting them a little cleaner and take some cute pics.

2. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I was going to add these the other day, but my phone wasnt cooperating.
    20181221_145144.jpg 20181221_151846.jpg
    Missy mare herself. None of Sublime because he looks atrocious. He has a big goat beard and it makes his already too big head look even more unattractive. :rofl: he doesnt even look like a Saddlebred... more like a backyard special. So the plan today is to clip both just so that they look better... even if I'm the only one that sees them.

ibsammy, Friesiangirl, NaeNae and 4 others like this.
  3. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Sublime goes to training in TWO WEEKS. :cooldance: I am so excited to see him progress and get him back into work mode! It's time for that fluffy butt to get rid of some of that fluff and get back in shape. Just needed to celebrate where I know others would understand my excitement!

4. slc

slc Senior Member

You might enjoy driving instead of riding while you're pregnant.

5. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Probably. But I've only got 6 more weeks to go and none of my horses are trained to drive. Nor do I have any equipment. It's okay. I'll get back to riding in a few months.

6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Yay-!! I know you've been waiting awhile. :cheerleader:

NBChoice likes this.
  7. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

My trainer sent me this picture of Sublime today. He was dropped off on Friday and started working this week. Isnt he adorable?! :love:

Attach15890_20190305_135529.jpg

8. Friesiangirl

Friesiangirl Senior Member

He's so adorable that I was having a bad day and his photo cheered me up quite a bit.

palimino57 and NBChoice like this.
  9. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Awww yay!! I'm glad his cuteness helped lighten your mood a bit. :)

palimino57 likes this.
  10. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

It sounds like Sublime is doing really well in training so far. :) I'm so happy to hear that. I just love his trainer and her assistant. The assistant has seemed to take a liking to Sublime and sent me a picture and a video this morning of them cuddling together. He is just soaking up all the attention. He always was an attention hog. :LOL:

He got his teeth floated yesterday and found a nice spot to rest his head at the vet while he was drunky pants.
    [​IMG]

I miss him and Rain so much. I can't wait to get back in the saddle again. I will be going out to see Sublime next week so that will be nice. Rain I still see obviously, but I can't wait to get back on her again. She really needs the work too.

ginster, Faster Horses and ~tiffy~ like this.